International Cafe - your favorites

lovevacadays

My DH and I loved the little cafe area on our last RCCL cruise (NOS) and stopped there frequently for coffee (Seattle's Best - very good) and the pastries, cookies, sandwiches, etc. I am SOOO glad to hear there is something similar on our upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise in November! One week really is not enough time for all the fun and food on a cruise, is it?? :D

Going on the Sapphire soon and I know there is no IC but are there any of the foods such as the chicken salad or hot cookies anywhere on this ship?

i don't think i've ever seen chicken salad, but the warm cookies and milk are brought round the pool areas each afternoon. :) there are also cookies in the hc buffet every day.

Just off the CB, we got the chicken salad and greek salad and mixed them together for a late lite lunch whe getting back on board. You can get the ham and cheese croisant and take that off and put the chicken salad on the croisant. Yum! Try the blueberry cake when available. The cafe was open when we embarked and it was a nice alternative to the craziness of the buffet!

Besides the incredible Shrimp Salad, I enjoyed the Quiche they had at the International Cafe on the Emerald Princess last month starting at 11 am. They had a different version each day, although it did repeat on our 10-day cruise. I wish they had it at breakfast too.

the almond croissants as well as the marrinated shrimp on the Star in May were to die for....so were the warm chocolate chip cookies.....I would get an oceanview room....not to save $$$....but to be next to the cookies and croissants and the shrimp....The chicken is good too, but I think it is a bit bland. There are no nuts in it for obvious reasons....and pecans are so good in chicken salad....and no onions....but that is why the world go round....different strokes for different folks....:D

I'm pretty sure the IC is new to the CB since dry dock. That's why LBrandy didn't see it on previous cruises. Tootsie-you probably have old deck plans. Call Princess and order a new book. As for me, chocolate chip cookies, a glass of cold milk, and a book are perfect for sitting in the Atrium after a long day of touring an island!

Mostly I am not a fan of the cakes on Princess, but the lemon cake that appears around noon in the IC is quite delectable IMHO. Luckily, most of the other desserts are not too tempting, as I would rather enjoy the shrimp, the Greek Salad, the chicken salad.......and the morning pastries like the chocolate croissants and the cinnamon bread.

Now I will have to look for the strawberry cake as well!

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue]Shrimp salad - warm chocolate chip cookies & Chicken salad :D:D:D[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]YUM YUM YUM !!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]when we were on the Star in May, everything (food item) was no charge @ IC....the best place to grab something quick (and good) without all the crowds, my hubby picked the Plaza deck for our upcoming cruise just to be on the same as IC....LOL:D:p[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Archived