Why Do I always Do This? Last Minute Packing Poll...

falkcor

WHEN DO YOU PACK FOR YOUR CRUISE?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. WHEN DO YOU PACK FOR YOUR CRUISE?

• the night before
    • a few days before
    • the week of
    • the month of
    • a few months before
    • i'm always packed!

Well we leave in 27 days and I brought the suitcases in yesterday! I can't wait, it seems closer once the suitcases are in!! We have a spare room now with the kids gone and that will be the suitcase place until about 4 days before departure and the final prep they will be in our room and the lists out! It is definately toooooooo far away still!!! I LOVE CRUISING!!!!!!

Are you flying into BWI, or hooking up with your family first and driving down?

flying in the day before... to PHL... a 1.15 flight to PHL gets there at about 5.30, about the same to BWI - i would miss the ship! :eek:

maybe a procrastinator, but not dense :rolleyes:

flying in the day before... to PHL... a 1.15 flight to PHL gets there at about 5.30, about the same to BWI - i would miss the ship! :eek:

maybe a procrastinator, but not dense :rolleyes:

Well yeah, I knew you you were flying today and not sailing till tomorrow.

I was just wondering where you were flying in to; sorry to bother you. :rolleyes:

Hopefully Mark you won't see this post until your return (keep packing - we're rooting for you now!). Have an awesome cruise!!! Can't wait for your review.

BTW, I pack the night before - ugh! I try to be organized but no go. At least I can say that my clothing selection for my holiday is always washed and in the vicinity of where I pack at least a few days beforehand - it just doesn't get into the suitcase until the evening before I leave, hard as I try. Seriously in trouble with my Destiny trip this year though - I have to work at a darned trade show 2 days prior to my flight :eek: I may have to hire someone to pack for me!

Happy cruising dude! Enjoy!

Miriam

I have a list of necessities that I started several cruises ago. I usually add / remove a couple things for each cruise, but it includes all the basics and a few odds and ends. I use this as a guide and start the actual packing a few days before.

I will iron clothes, gather a few things together each night and finish the night before we leave.

My DH packs the night before. I start collecting things and putting them near the suitcase about a month before. I actually start packing the weekend before I leave because I need to make sure my clothes are clean that I plan to take on the cruise and laundry gets done on Sundays. So I always pack on Sunday before I leave. Then recheck everything the night before.

My cruise is Oct 16th and I just filled my 3 oz containers of shampoo & conditioner.:D So technically I could answer yes to all of the above.

I usually start accumulating things I want to take and then finalize the night before. I am usually still doing laundry when I should be finishing packing. Some things never leave the suitcase though. Extra phone charger, wind up alarm clock, water shoes, a pair of flip flops and my good swimsuit coverup never are far from the suitcase.

I like to make my lists and all that jazz. But we like to cruise to warm places when it's cold at home, so we can pack all our summer stuff as soon as it starts to cool down. Plus we'll buy new toothbrushes so they can be packed and we won't forget them. Same with undies and such, just buy a pack for him and a pack for me and toss them in the suitcase. You get the cheap Hanes packs and you can just throw them out as you go and make room for souvenirs. That only works when you cruise as infrequently as me and DH do. I wouldn't suggest doing that if you cruise really often. But it keeps from forgetting some of those important things that you shouldn't live without. and spending 6 dollars at home on a pack of undies saves you from having to spend any time on your vacation looking for a walmart to pick up the necessities.

Archived