Roberto's Watersports in Aruba

Gordo

We will be in Aruba in a couple weeks and were considering Roberto's Watersports. We were hoping someone could provide some feedback on their experiences with this company.

We are trying to see if they will do a combo tour with a little fishing (for my brother) and some snorkeling (for the rest of us).

Thanks for your assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

We did a snorkeling tour with them in February. They have two locations we went to one and no one was there.(The beaches were empty) I figured they forgot about us. My husband and I decided to just stroll the beaches. We then came across the second location and a young guy was there. The weather was not the best he suggested maybe not going but he left it up to us to decide. We decided to and he took us to two snorkel spots. He threw bread in the water and the fish surrounded us it was pretty cool. I forgot our guides name he is the son of Roberto I think. He was very nice answered questions told us jokes. It rained on us on the way back so he went pretty fast back to the dock to get out from under the rain cloud. Besides being cold and pelted in the face by rain it was kinda fun. The snorkeling was o.k. but I am pretty sure it was because the weather. I had been to Aruba before on a beautiful sunny day with calm crystal clear water. That day the water was rough, not very clear, chilly cloudy and windy. If I had not seen Aruba so beautiful before I probably would not care to visit again. Roberto's son did a great job but on a bad weather day like we had perhaps not worth the trip out like he suggested.

Honestly I have no personal experience with them, however they have been around for quite a number of years and I have never ever heard a single bad word about them. They MUST be doing something right. ;) :)

for sure!

have been working with roberto for a number of years! we often send our guests over to him and vice versa- always great comments and fab personalized service!

Back from our cruise and wanted to let everyone know of our terrible experience with Roberto's.

We got to the beach area at noon for our 1pm tour (had an outstanding tour in the morning with Bully - thanks Arubalisa - what a fantastic experience). We tried to check in at their booth but the man said he didn't see our reservation. When I told him we had been emailing Jan and had a special tour arranged including beverages he said that Jan should be there in about a half hour and would have the information.

When we saw another man approach at 12:50pm we walked back to their booth to check on our tour. Jan said he remembered our emails but he had been off the last few days and so had no boat for us. He suggested we come back later in the week. I reminded him that we were on a cruise ship and that wasn't possible.

He did made a quick call (not sure what he discussed) and just said that there was no boat.

I was disppointed as this was the only tour request my brother had made for the entire cruise and this man didn't even have the decency to say he was sorry for messing up our plans. I understand that mistakes happen but his smugness and indifference was upsetting.

We tried to check in with a couple other vendors but as it was 1pm all of the afternoon options had gone out already.

An apology would have gone a long way.

We still had a fantastic aftrenoon hanging out on the beautiful beach in Aruba. :cool: But we did want to let people know that you cannot count on Roberto's. In the 20+ years of traveling we have never had this type of negative experience.

I was very sad to read about your experience. It truly is the first time I have heard anything negative. Sounds like it is no longer a "mom and pop" operation. :confused:

It is good to know that you were happy with Bully and his tour. :)

I was very sad to read about your experience. It truly is the first time I have heard anything negative. Sounds like it is no longer a "mom and pop" operation. :confused:

ugh!

wow!

I am sorry to hear this too!

Yes, it my first time also to hear a neg comment like this.

I am very surprised. very!

Yes, I can imagine at 1pm there wld not be any boats around - everyone wld be gone at this time.

I am glad to hear that you did not let this ruin your whole day and you made the most of nice beaches- hopefully a pina colada or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Even a few weeks later I can't believe Jan's attitude at Roberto's Watersports.

Bully on the other hand was fabulous - he is a true credit to the service industry.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there anyone else who does fishing excursions in Aruba? My DH and DS love to fish.

We were unable to book another boat so are unable to help you. Hopefully there is someone else out there that can make a suggestion.

• 1 month later...

Archived