stateroom decorations

I purchased the Happy Birthday decorations including a cake, strawberries and champagne for my husband's birthday last February. He was absolutely surprised! I felt they were great for the price! A cruise to remember!

We had my parents cabin decorated for their 50th anniversary and it was a big hit. Worth it to see the surprise on their faces.

Victoria, Atlantic, Nordic Empress,Tropicale, Oceanic, Grandeur, Nordic Empress, Legend, Destiny, Rotterdam,

OceanPrincess, Monarch, Grandeur,Navigator,

Monarch, Sovereign 5x's, Explorer, Enchantment of the Seas, Radiance 2x's

Up next Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cappy1012

On every cruise with RCCL I have taken, I have always purchased cabin decorations. The first cruise I surprised my wife with a "Bon Voyage" package. The second cruise, I did the same. The third cruise, we bought cabin decorations for a couple that was traveling with us on thier first cruise. It was a big hit with them. I also bought cabin decorations for my in-laws last year when they went cruising with RCCL. They loved it!

Let RCCL or your travel agent both know that it is your father's birthday and you plan to celebrate it. Then let your your head waiter know of the celebration as well. I have seen several times B-Day cake brought to the dinning room table by the dining room staff with a song! Often people from the surrounding tables join in with the singing.

On all my RCCL cruises, the dinning room staff has been great! They will bend over backwards to make you happy at your table. I have seen many examples of that. From brining a beer to the table with an umbrella in it; to sending a desert to the cabin of a passenger who left the table early because he wasn't feeling well, but was looking forward to the night's desert.

Once again, the key is letting your travel agent, RCCL (if you booked thru RCCL), and your head waiter know that you want to celebrate a special event.

--

Jay

Voyager of the Seas 02/17/02

Brilliance of the Seas 12/02/02

Sovereign of the Seas 12/08/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2003;12;08;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I ordered the "Congratulations" decorations for my son and D-in-L's honeymoon cruise. They loved it and it was well worth the money.

Kathy M

22 RCI Cruises and counting

2 Carnival Cruises

Mariner of the Seas 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;5;2;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Any info on the in room decorations in as much as the cost of the B-day decorations and if they will do it for a certain day on the ship....we have a fellow who will celebrate his birthday while on the trip???

Judi

9/24 Voyage Saling

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;24;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Nordic Empress 9/1991

Sovreign of the Seas 10/1993

Celebrity Horizon 6/1995

Costa Victoria 3/1997

Sovreign of the Seas 6/1999

Voyager 9-24-04

I'm pretty sure it's $29 for any of the decorations (that includes a cake in the price as well). The decorations are supposed to be put up before you arrive on the first day, might be worth a phone call to see if it can be delayed to a later point in the cruise or not.

~*~ Disney Wonder 9/02 ~*~ RCCL Splendour of the Seas 4/04 ~*~

I just purchased the anniversary decorations for my parents 60th anniversary. It was $29 and there wasn't any tax. I can't wait to see their faces when they see it!! My sister, brother and I are all going too!! We couldn't let them celebrate without us could we???? icon_smile.gif

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thank you for the info...it looks like the charge is exactly the $29 you mentioned. I am in the process of calling to have it arranged for my person.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clingandclatter:

I'm pretty sure it's $29 for any of the decorations (that includes a cake in the price as well). The decorations are supposed to be put up before you arrive on the first day, might be worth a phone call to see if it can be delayed to a later point in the cruise or not.

~*~ Disney Wonder 9/02 ~*~ http://community.webshots.com/album/133720649ZDrjtW ~*~<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Judi

9/24 Voyage Saling

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;24;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Nordic Empress 9/1991

Sovreign of the Seas 10/1993

Celebrity Horizon 6/1995

Costa Victoria 3/1997

Sovreign of the Seas 6/1999

Voyager 9-24-04

• 1 month later...

What type of decorations are included for $29? I was thinking of buying my own and decorating our cabin for my husband's 60th birthday. Maybe I would be better off just letter someone else do it.

I got the Bon Voyage decorations on my most recent cruise. It also came with a really good strawberry shortcake that even with 4 people we could not finish!

Mariner 6/20, I had this done for my girls room and they had a chocolate cake which was really good. My sister had her room done for her daughter's Birthday. (Again great cake).

I take my scrapebooking materials and make our door decorations, along with a decorated area for people to sign their name and where they are from. It's always a hit, lots of people sign their names, and then I scrapebook my door decor when I get back! ;)

My wife and Granddaughter surprised me with Birthday decorations. The room was made up very nicely with balloons, streamers and the birthday crest. They was on Sunday. Monday afternoon, Room Service arrived with a Birthday cake. We asked them to take it to the Dining Room for all our Table Mates to enjoy. That evening at dinner the Waiter, etc came with the cake. The cake had my name on it. Then they asked who was in cabin 8262, which happen to be us. OK now we have 2 cakes, more for all. Then they came around to the other side of the table and asked where Mr & Mrs. (don't remember last names) were. OK now we have 3 cakes. They once again came around and asked where Mr & Mrs (still don't remember last names) were? OK now we have 4 cakes.

We all got a great laugh. Apparently the 2 cakes on my part came from (1) My Wife & granddaughter's surprice and (2) when I registered with RCCL they took down my birthday which happened to be the day we sailed.

Bottom line. We all had plenty of desert including what was offered on the menu. I should mention there were 9 people at our table.

Great bunch of laughs and plenty of cake.

Have a great Cruise

dave

Archived