My DH is a picky eater, HELP!

Emmie

Hey, folks! My DH is a pretty simple "meat and potatoes" eater. He will do spicy, but he won't touch fish and he picks out many vegetables from his food. We are sailing on the Rotterdam in October, our first cruise (we are seeing the Med.) Will he be totally miserable in the restaurants, or is their usually some type of choices on the menu that don't get too exotic?

Thanks,

Emmie

I have not sailed HAL or Europe (carribean and Mexico only) However, most cruise lines (Carnival, Princess, Celebrity) have an "always available" menu that generally includes some kind of broiled steak or chicken breast and baked potatoe. This should satisfy hubby. But, a cruise is a good time to try "different" stuff. My DD hats fish but discovered a life long love of crab, lobster and shrimp on her first cruise in 1989. If he doesn't like what he ordered he can always opt for an alternative.l

My DH is also a picky eater. We sailed HAL in March and he was always able to find something he liked. If there is nothing on the menu that he cares for don't hesitate to ask if a steak is available. On many ships it can always be ordered but no one tells you this. My DH has also ordered from the childrens menu sometimes.

My DH is also picky, especially vegetables, but always eats well on our cruises. He selectively orders from the different choices. For example, he chooses the chicken but not with the rice or asparagus it is paired with. He orders the mashed potatoes and green beans that were paired with other main dishes. He has always been accomodated in this and it has not taken any longer to get our meals.

I can reast easy after reading these posts! Thank you very much, I was concerned that we would be heading for the buffet and pizza every night! I didn't know it could be so easy to order things made to your liking. Thanks, I'm very grateful!:) :) :) :) :)

Emmie

Archived