What is zip lining?

PMac

Zip lining is where you climb sets of stairs to the top of the rain forest and then you traverse from platform to platform until you reach the rain forest floor. You are attached to the cables by a harness and three safety lines. It is completely safe and is not real physical nor harmful to you if you have a bad back etc. Definitely something that will get your heart pumping a little faster. If you love roller coaster rides this is right up your alley.

Judy,

It isn't like the motion of a roller coaster in that it is lashing you back and forth which would possibly make you feel sick to your stomach, but rather the rush of the traverse. You can control how fast you go by braking. You don't want to brake to much though as you would have to turn around and hand over hand yourself to the platform. If you don't get sick on the ship when it is a little rough you should do fine. If you don't want to do the zipline I believe Oscar has something else that he takes people to that don't want to do the zipline. Either way you will have a great day with him. When we went in February 04 we paid Oscar seperately from Almonds and Corals, so it shouldn't make a difference if you change your mind when you get there. You can see part of the zipline from the parking lot, and you can see people doing the zipline to make up your mind if you can handle it. I don't like heights and I am so glad that I did it. The first zip is the hardest as you really don't know what to expect. After the first one it is all down hill;) You will be talking about this tour for months..... I know I still am.

Thanks for the info. That's what I thought. The upslide down and turning me all around on a coaster is what gets me everytime. I'm signed up for this and not crazy about heights but not afraid either so I should be okay.

Judy,

Be sure to take your camera, but make sure you have it on a strap or have a fanny pack to put it into. You will have some great photo opportunities. Also if you have someone that wears glasses on your tour it wouldn't hurt to have a strap on those as well. That cuts the chances out that if something was dropped that you would be able to find it. You won't have time to look for monkeys....... 16_3_112.gif you will be tooooooo busy...... Enjoy your day it will be fun.

Colleen

Archived