RCCL MDR Food Quality

Johnny Yen

Although I can be considered a newcomer to cc, I have noticed multiple people raise the same complaint of a recent decline in food quality in Royal's Main Dining Rooms. I have only sailed on Explorer, and will admit the food was about average for a North Jersey catering hall. (probably pretty terrific by middle America standards)

Please take this thread as an opportunity to pool our thoughts and ensure our beloved RCCL hears us!

I got a lust for life,

Johnny ¥

I have only sailed on Explorer, and will admit the food was about average for a North Jersey catering hall. (probably pretty terrific by middle America standards)

Johnny ¥

Hi Johnny,

Don't know if you have ever actually visited Middle America, but we have some pretty good food out here. I have lived in Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis and now Dallas and have experienced some excellent food at some great restaurants. I'll certainly put some of our best local Tex-Mex and Steak and Barbecue places up against any restaurant you want. While I admit Manhatten has some fantastic restaurants (Don't know about New Jersey, I have only flown into and out of JFK never eaten or stayed in NJ) the rest of the country isn't exactly eating mush and gruel, lol!

As far as the food in the MDR on RCI, I have noticed a slip in quality, some things are still pretty good considering how many people they serve in a seating, but over all not as good as it once was.

JMO,

Colleen

We noticed the decline in the quality of the food also while on our August cruise on the Adventure of the Seas. Portofino's was still it's excellent self!

Funny, we just ate at Portofino this week and thought the quality of food wasn't what it was last May. Guess it's just how it's prepared.

Hi Johnny,

Don't know if you have ever actually visited Middle America, but we have some pretty good food out here. I have lived in Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis and now Dallas and have experienced some excellent food at some great restaurants. I'll certainly put some of our best local Tex-Mex and Steak and Barbecue places up against any restaurant you want. While I admit Manhatten has some fantastic restaurants (Don't know about New Jersey, I have only flown into and out of JFK never eaten or stayed in NJ) the rest of the country isn't exactly eating mush and gruel, lol!

As far as the food in the MDR on RCI, I have noticed a slip in quality, some things are still pretty good considering how many people they serve in a seating, but over all not as good as it once was.

JMO,

Colleen

Hey Colleen, who knows what we meant by middle America, the mid-west or the middle class, but his post was extremely offensive either way, an odd thread started by someone from Jersey.

Why are some people expecting great quality food when they are sailing on the CHEAP these days :confused::eek:

###

I agree, but if we are not going to get great quality food, let's embrace it! Shorts in the MDR, waiters in suspenders, memorabilia on the walls, and blaring rock music!

Hey Colleen, who knows what we meant by middle America, the mid-west or the middle class, but his post was extremely offensive either way, an odd thread started by someone from Jersey.

The OP did not reside on an island off the coast of England. I believe he came from the Garden State and although his comments were unnecessary there is no need to insult the the state's residents, just as it was not necessary for the OP to insult Middle America.

Or more to the point, the ship is serving 3000 dinners.

Excellent point!

I agree, but if we are not going to get great quality food, let's embrace it! Shorts in the MDR, waiters in suspenders, memorabilia on the walls, and blaring rock music!

From what I've been reading lately shorts have been accepted in the MDR :eek:

###

The OP did not reside on an island off the coast of England. I believe he came from the Garden State and although his comments were unnecessary there is no need to insult the the state's residents, just as it was not necessary for the OP to insult Middle America.

Ha ha, I'm N. Jesey raised!!!!:rolleyes:;):D so I think I get to call it Jersey.

Allow me to take this opportunity to apologise for any negativity resulting from my original post. It was not my intention to disparage the food served between the coasts, only to make note of how exceptional the cuisine is here.

My name is Johnny Yen, and I approve this message.

Allow me to take this opportunity to apologise for any negativity resulting from my original post. It was not my intention to disparage the food served between the coasts, only to make note of how exceptional the cuisine is here.

In New Jersey? And I mean absolutely no disrespect to New Jersey or its residents, but I did not know New Jersey was know for its cuisine. That is news to me.

Colleen

So what was your point about "probably pretty terrific by middle America standards?"

No matter how you slice it or dice it, it was pretty insulting and, yes, condescending.

In New Jersey? And I mean absolutely no disrespect to New Jersey or its residents, but I did not know New Jersey was know for its cuisine. That is news to me.

Colleen

Actually Colleen, some of the best Italian food in the country can be found in the Garden State. I mean this very seriously, no Sopranos joke intended here.

Actually Colleen, some of the best Italian food in the country can be found in the Garden State. I mean this very seriously, no Sopranos joke intended here.

Jeka,

I don't doubt that for a second. We go to Manhatten from time to time and obviously they have some of the greatest restaurants around. I just have not spent any time in NJ and didn't know they were known for their cuisine. I love Italian food! Next time we go to NYC we will have to head over to NJ at least for a good Italian dinner. Not that they don't have those in NYC either.

You can find great food just about everywhere in this country. One of my favorite shows on the Food Network is Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Guy finds some of the best hole-in-the wall places all over the country with to die for food. Love it.

Colleen

I agree with this statement. Two wrong dont make a right. So lets move on.

Archived