Reading cruise reviews

MaiTaiMary

One thing we're not putting enough emphasis on is the organization of the actual review. I typically don't read them (especially long ones) verbatim. So like to skim for what I am interested in. I like them broken up into obvious sections, titled, and organized well. Some reviews might be great, but if it's one long paragraph with 300 words on their flight to Miami, I'm out of there. But if I can quickly see what embarkation was like, what excursions were taken, etc- I'm in! Oh yeah... and pictures help!:)

I totally agree ... I hate one LONG paragraph reviews regardless if they are discussing one topic or not. They are just too hard to read. A paragraph should not fill a page.

You have to understand that lawyers go on cruises and write reviews also. :)

I too like the reviews with the pics...and i also appriciate all the effort that goes into them...i usally read ones of the ships that i am interested in.(either by port or itenary}

but when the post says reiview with pics...thats my fav's...i did a simialr one about our glory cruise....took me quite ahwile so i appreciate it when other do so also..

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed lately how difficult it is to read reviews that are just one big paragraph. :confused:

I like reviews that are spaced out nicely with pictures or at least appropriate paragraphs. :o Just makes it a lot easier to read or at least skim through and stop at the spots I'm interested in.

I enjoy reading people's reviews .I appreciate details and pictures

I think if something went wrong it's important to say it .Good or bad excursions etc If something is not to be missed that too is important .I find CC very helpful in helping me plan my cruises so I appreciate ALL input including the negative

I agree certain aspects such as food is personal however I'm glad if someone recommends a certain venue

For south America I REALLY appreciated being warned about some of the safety issues brought up .I listened and had no real problem to speak of as a result.Although I was not comfortable ALWAYS being on the lookout ..my stress levels were VERY high and I was not as adventurous as a result which perhaps made me miss stuff

Archived