question about cake toppers

4evercruiser

I just bought a wedding cake topper today. I wanted to ask any past Carnival brides that brought their own toppers if I will have to let Carnival know in advanced that I am bringing my own topper, or do I just bring it with me when we get to the terminal and meet with the coordinator?

I just bought a wedding cake topper today. I wanted to ask any past Carnival brides that brought their own toppers if I will have to let Carnival know in advanced that I am bringing my own topper, or do I just bring it with me when we get to the terminal and meet with the coordinator?

It is best to let them know before hand so they can leave the standard one off. Theirs might imprint the cake in areas that yours can cover up. It's a soft whipped/buttercream icing (not fondant) , so it marks pretty easily.

I would let them know before AND tell the wedding coordiantor when you meet at the pier. I put all of my stuff in a canvas bag and handed it to the coordinator, but she didn't realize a cake topper was in there. When I arrived at the reception the standard topper was on the cake and mine was on display on the table with the guest book.

I brought my topper at the last minute and informed the coordinator that I had one. They actually had to hunt for it (one of my guest had it) - but the "carnival topper" was given to us in our stateroom later. I think the day of is fine. Especially if you aren't the first wedding of the day.

Thanks for all the advice. I will definately call and let them know I am bringing my own topper when I turn in my final headcount in a couple of weeks. Just out of curiosity, what does the "Carnival" topper look like?

It's a kinda cheesy looking Wilton topper with 2 plastic doves. It's not horrible, but I liked the one I bought better. There are pics on my wedding page. The link is in my siggy.

I brought my topper at the last minute and informed the coordinator that I had one. They actually had to hunt for it (one of my guest had it) - but the "carnival topper" was given to us in our stateroom later. I think the day of is fine. Especially if you aren't the first wedding of the day.

Your wedding pictures were lovely...and your first dance together was sweet. Hope you will be as happy as you were on your wedding day...FOREVER :)

Thanks for all the advice. I will definately call and let them know I am bringing my own topper when I turn in my final headcount in a couple of weeks. Just out of curiosity, what does the "Carnival" topper look like?

Looks like something back from the 80's. I am almost positive my cousin had the same topper when she got married...when I was 6. :D

If it's not am important part of the wedding for you, it will do. If you are getting the deluxe package, it matches the ice sculpture.

It's a kinda cheesy looking Wilton topper with 2 plastic doves. It's not horrible, but I liked the one I bought better. There are pics on my wedding page. The link is in my siggy.

Great pictures, you were a beautiful bride and your smile is amazing. I loved all your pictures, especially the rainbow. What a great sign for a wonderful life together. Best wishes to you and your gorgeous family.

Great pictures, you were a beautiful bride and your smile is amazing. I loved all your pictures, especially the rainbow. What a great sign for a wonderful life together. Best wishes to you and your gorgeous family.

Thanks Cathy! And we're your neighbors from S. Jersey! :)

Archived