Some General Questions Please

canyonman

As we get closure to our first voyage on SS I have a couple of question. I’m planning to bring a tux’s for the formal nights and a suit and tie for La Champagne. What is recommended for the other evenings? I’m planning on just wearing a sport coat with no tie. One other question is, dose SS supply adaptors in the room or do I need to bring my own? In regards to safe’s I know they have one in the room but do they also have one at the main desk area as well?

Thanks So Much

Your cruise docs will tell you what the dress is. Formal is tux or dark suit for men. Informal is coat and tie. Casual is nice shirt and trousers. I usually wear a sport coat with no tie on casual evenings. You can find all of the info re dress on the SS website http://www.silversea.com. No need for electrical adapters on any of the SS ships, since you are from the U.S.. You will have plenty of space and security with your in-room safe. No need to leave things with reception. We've never had a problem on any cruise and my wife carries a lot of very expensive jewelry.

Your cruise docs will tell you what the dress is. Formal is tux or dark suit for men. Informal is coat and tie. Casual is nice shirt and trousers. I usually wear a sport coat with no tie on casual evenings. You can find all of the info re dress on the SS website www.silversea.com. No need for electrical adapters on any of the SS ships, since you are from the U.S.. You will have plenty of space and security with your in-room safe. No need to leave things with reception. We've never had a problem on any cruise and my wife carries a lot of very expensive jewelry.

As I recall from our our cruise in July, the tie is optional for informal nights - only a jacket is required. About 50% of the men still wore a tie, though.

For casual evenings it states open neck shirts and slacks for men. No mention of a jacket, except for informal (tie optional) and for formal dark suit and tie or tux. My husband is not too happy about all the "dressing up" but he will be fine.

Tahiti11 - you've got it exactly!

Archived