Booking with cabin # or gty? which is most likely way to get upgrade

cindypam

I booked an early saver rate and booked a Cat. 11 with room assigned. I am traveling with 3 other couples and took the larger room so that we would have room to gather. When I booked I asked the Carnival Travel Agent if a guaranty would be better to possibly get an upgrade to a cat. 12 and she told me no. I don't quite understand that because I would figure that without a cabin assignment you would have a better chance of getting the upgrade. I would even pay a bit more for the upgrade for the larger cabin. Or maybe I don't really need it? I haven't seen either cat. 11 or 12 on the Destiny so I really don't know if there's that much more room. Does anyone know if 4 couples would be comfortable getting together for drinks in the cat. 11 or would the cat. 12 be that much better?

I've had gatherings of 10 - 12 people in a cat 11.

If you want a cat 12, you're going to have to just pay the extra to get it.

As a side note, When I'm having my small gathering, I go to the Formalities shop the day before, and you can order small platters of hors d'orves to be delivered to your cabin. Cheese platters, veggie platters, etc.

Thanks for the info. I guess I was hoping for an ungrade, but if there's enough room for everyone to sit comfortably then I won't worry about it. I do have a cat. 11 in the middle of deck 7 and the 3 other balcony cabins are within 5 or 6 cabins of mine.

Archived