Need help with car serive from newark airport to brooklyn cruise terminal

Terrence Richards

I would appreciate any information provided here for limo service or taxi service from Newark International Airport to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to board the Queen Mary 2. Please include time it takes for the trip and possible rates.

Arrival date in Newark is Thursday, November 5, at 10:30 AM, with a departure the same day of 5 PM on the Queen Mary 2 for a eastbound TA.

Thanks for any help that you can give me, so I may help someone else.

Terrence Richards

I would appreciate any information provided here for limo service or taxi service from Newark International Airport to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to board the Queen Mary 2. Please include time it takes for the trip and possible rates.

Arrival date in Newark is Thursday, November 5, at 10:30 AM, with a departure the same day of 5 PM on the Queen Mary 2 for a eastbound TA.

Thanks for any help that you can give me, so I may help someone else.

Terrence Richards

A number of the members here use Arecibo--718-783-6465--arecibo.com doesn't have much information on their website, but they might go to Newark to pick you up for the ride to Brooklyn. It is worth checking with them.

I just googled car services and lincolnlimousine.com appear to have a reasonable fare from Newark to Brooklyn--you might try them also.

We have decided to take the Cunard bus from Newark to the ship for our October 2nd sailing. I will let you know how that works out!

The main problem I see is that we will not be able to stop off at a convenience store for drinks and snacks to take on board.

A number of the members here use Arecibo--718-783-6465--arecibo.com doesn't have much information on their website, but they might go to Newark to pick you up for the ride to Brooklyn. It is worth checking with them.

I just googled car services and lincolnlimousine.com appear to have a reasonable fare from Newark to Brooklyn--you might try them also.

Thanks Betty! I'll give them a call.

Safarigal, yes please let us know how the cunard bus worked out for you!

Arecibo is not good on reservations. They are a good local car service that is best at just in time calls. Heights car service 78 Henry St

Brooklyn, NY 11226

(718) 852-3333 is better with reservations...

Good to know... thanks! I'll give them a call.

Arecibo is not good on reservations. They are a good local car service that is best at just in time calls. Heights car service 78 Henry St

Brooklyn, NY 11226

(718) 852-3333 is better with reservations...

Thanks for that info, I have emailed Arecibo 4 times now and still nothing back, I have chosen a different company, harborview cars

718-748-8000

Thanks for that info, I have emailed Arecibo 4 times now and still nothing back, I have chosen a different company, harborview cars

718-748-8000

I called Harborview cars (the correct phone number is 718-748-8800). The woman quoted me $54 + Toll (which she estimated as $20.00) from Newark to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and said it would take approx 1 hour.

Would any one know the correct amount of the toll fee??

She also quoted $44.00 from LaGuardia - with no toll fee.

We have decided to take the Cunard bus from Newark to the ship for our October 2nd sailing. I will let you know how that works out!

The main problem I see is that we will not be able to stop off at a convenience store for drinks and snacks to take on board.

Safarigal, would you have additional info on the shuttle bus? Phone number or website?

I have used Arecibo car service 5 times and have had nothing but excellent service. Numerous other Cunard passengers have done the same with the same results as they have posted here many times in their recommendations.

They do not operate with appointments...you call..they come...right away, depending on where you are calling from obviously. If you are at a hotel in Manhattan, as I was this summer, I merely called and told them what time to be there and they were there, promptly. We were charged $17 to go from Embassy Suites in lower Manhattan to the ship in Brooklyn with a lot of luggage. I'd received another quote from a different service that was twice as much for the same trip.

Each time they have quoted me a price on the phone and when confirming this with the driver there has been no change.

I have no hesitation recommending this company as they provide excellent service and more than competitive rates. It's helpful, however, to have a cell phone for them to stay in contact with you if trying to find you at the airport for instance.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

2010....the “Affair” is indecisive, but booked for at least 10 days somewhere

I called Harborview cars (the correct phone number is 718-748-8800). The woman quoted me $54 + Toll (which she estimated as $20.00) from Newark to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and said it would take approx 1 hour.

Would any one know the correct amount of the toll fee??

She also quoted $44.00 from LaGuardia - with no toll fee.

AviGirl.....I would also call Arecibo for a rate from Laguardia...see my post above. They charged me about that amount to go all the way from Laguardia to the upper West Side in Ny so I am sure they'd charge much less to go to the pier. I did not use them from Newark this summer. I used Dial 7 car service to Embassy Suites in lower Manhattan...it was $52 for the car and $12 for the tolls plus tip of course. They were incredible...right there when we came out with luggage.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

2010....the “Affair” is indecisive, but booked for at least 10 days somewhere

AviGirl.....I would also call Arecibo for a rate from Laguardia...see my post above. They charged me about that amount to go all the way from Laguardia to the upper West Side in Ny so I am sure they'd charge much less to go to the pier. I did not use them from Newark this summer. I used Dial 7 car service to Embassy Suites in lower Manhattan...it was $52 for the car and $12 for the tolls plus tip of course. They were incredible...right there when we came out with luggage.

Cheers, Penny

Thanks Penny, I just called Arecibo and they charge $55 + Toll from Newark to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal - pretty much the same as Harborview. I'll figure out which one to use within the next week or so... seems that Arecibo gets a lot of positive feedback from it's clients.

Safarigal, would you have additional info on the shuttle bus? Phone number or website?

We don't usually use Cunard transport, but it just seemed to be easier this time. We asked our travel agent to book it through Cunard, so the person through whom you did your booking should be able to arrange it.

The problem I found the last time we did this (Heathrow to Southampton) was that we had to wait an extra hour before the bus left as someone's flight was delayed, and we arrived at the terminal along with the throngs on the bus. However, it was still cheaper than using a car service, I'm happy just sitting around reading so the delay was not a huge issue, and we only had to wait a short time before boarding so it all worked out OK in the end!

You might look into renting a car from Avis at Newark Airport. The lowest rate I've seen is about $65 for a one day rental. You may return the car at AVIS' Brooklyn garage which is about a mile from the cruise terminal. You can get your "take aboards" as you wish, drop off your luggage then return the car and have a short walk back to the ship.

Archived