Carnival Pride from Baltimore in December

marving9999

My wife and I are looking at the Carnival Pride for this Dec, 2009.

Carnival started the Pride from Baltimore earlier this year. Has anyone been on the Pride from Baltimore in the winter months of 2009. I am curious as to the weather out of Baltimore, and when does the outer decks start to warm up as the ship travels south.

How many really cold days would you have on a 7 day cruise from Baltimore. All responses are welcome

My wife and I are looking at the Carnival Pride for this Dec, 2009.

Carnival started the Pride from Baltimore earlier this year. Has anyone been on the Pride from Baltimore in the winter months of 2009.

I think y'all will be pioneers in that department, as the Pride only started sailing out of Baltimore in late April/early May of 2009.

To my knowledge, this is the first year any ship is sailing year round from Baltimore. There are 4 cruise lines using the port with 2 doing year round.

I live about 40 miles away from the port. In Dec. you can have nice weather or it can be snowing. You will need a coat because it will take time to go down the bay and into the ocean. It will take a least a day to get to warm weather.

We live 80 miles from Baltimore and would not think of taking a cruise from there in December. Sailed once from there in May and had a very bad 5 day cruise to Bermuda, not even warm and very bad seas. Do yourself a favor and if you are close to Baltimore go to BWI get on SW, we have round trip tickets for December for $120 and start your cruise off in nice weather. The cheaper cruises from Florida more then cover the airfare. Pluss the ports are a lot better then Baltimore has to offer. We have left BWI in December for Florida when it was snowing, would not want to be standing on a cruise ship. We have also left Baltimore in December where all you needed was a hooded sweatshirt, but the cold has more then out numbered the warm.

I can tell you that we cruised from JAX in March and while it was very pleasant out and we were in shorts when we boarded, it was too cool, especially once the ship got moving to be on deck in just a bathing suit until we were well south of Orlando.

I am sure it would be a great cruise, but it isn't going to warm up enough for sunbathing until you at least hit florida - 700 miles @ 20 knots = 30+ hours.

You may have warm weather once you get far enough south or it could be cool that time of year. The Bahamas aren't any further south than Florida and the Pride doesn't sail way down into the Caribbean. When we sailed in May most of the trip was cold - I even needed a jacket in Freeport as the breeze was cool. That was an unusually cold snap for May and we sailed back into 75 degree weather, but it's made me leery of doing the Pride in the winter time when my goal is warm weather. Nassau when we went on the Glory in Jan. was only in the 60s that day.

You will probably start to feel warmer by late on the second sea day.

We're sailing again in December after sailing in both May and August. I'm not counting on bathing suit weather at all this time, but I will bring one. We actually decided to sail in December to have a different cruise experience. We typically spend a couple of hours sunbathing each day, plus we always time our 5 miles around deck for first thing in the morning, before the weather gets too hot. We thought it would be fun to try a cruise where we focused more on the daily activities offered, and were able to sleep in a little more.

I don't think that I'd sail from Baltimore in the winter months if I were looking for warm weather. You'd be much better off flying to Florida where the fares are a little less, as someone else suggested.

Where is your sense of adventure..We are cruising in January and so looking forward to it, don't care what the temps are it will be warmer than here in western Pa.. I have been to the Bahamas before in January and it was cooler, we wore windsuits and were very confortable, so I think it could be the luck of the draw..Just remember to pack something warm..I am starting out in a warm fleece athletic suit, then I will have when we cruise back up to Baltimore.. The time before when I was in Baltimore we were walking back to the ship and passed some kids coming home from school and they had on winter hats and gloves, we got a chuckle out of that but I guess those cool temps were cold to them..

Have a great time on your cruise whenever you decide to go..;)

I was wondering about your question as well, except my cruise is from October 11 - 17, 2009. We're already dropping down to low 50's at night. However, in December I sure it will be much cooler but I'll make a post and let you know when it warms up on my trip.

Archived