Help needed narrowing down these hotels

chukeee

Hi, we are cruising on the Valor in Jan. and need between 5-8 hotel rooms for our group. I put a request on hotelplanners and received responses from many but want to keep it reasonably priced and have several specific requests. One couple is driving and will need parking (for the entire week would be nice, but at least the night we are staying). We also would like to be able to walk to a restaurant or little shopping area at least. Again, a shuttle would be good from the airport and to the port but we are prepared to get our own if it means staying in a better place and better location. Here are a few that responded within our price range. I would appreciate all the experts giving me an opinion on these. I don't mind taking a chance on my own, but I am booking for at least 5 other couples and it is stressing me out!!!! Here is the list:

Motel Blu Mimo Historic District

Midtwon Inn, Port of Miami

Holiday Inn Express Miami International Airport

Indian Creet Hotel

Airport Regency Hotel

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriot

Hyatt Place Miami Airport West

Alright folks, give me the good, the bad and the ugly about the above!

Keep in mind, that we would like to be able to walk (with out getting mugged) to a restaurant or at least small shopping place. Thanks:)

Motel Blu Mimo Historic District

Midtwon Inn, Port of Miami

Holiday Inn Express Miami International Airport

Indian Creet Hotel

Airport Regency Hotel

Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriot

Hyatt Place Miami Airport West

Alright folks, give me the good, the bad and the ugly about the above!

Keep in mind, that we would like to be able to walk (with out getting mugged) to a restaurant or at least small shopping place. Thanks:)

Strike Motel Blu and the Airport Regency off your list. The Hyatt is a nice hotel and the area is ok, but I don't recall if any decent restaurants are within easy walking distance. I believe there are a couple of Holiday Inn Expresses in the MIA vicinity--while location?

Neil/Miami

Come on folks, help me out here? Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels? What does everyone else think about the Hyatt Place Miami Airport West? :confused:

We stayed there late August and loved it, beautiful rooms with 42" flat screens, decent pool. I know that they have an airport shuttle, not sure about to the port. Free parking (overnight). Not a lot of restaurants right close by but there is a burger king and boston market right behind it, and there was a restaurant (maybe Italian?) within walking distance. Nice little bar as well that serves starbucks coffee.

If you want someplace pleasant to stay with restaurants and shopping, then your best bet is South Beach. But Miami is not a place you go on the cheap - Cheap can be extremely scary in Miami, and in January prices will be up there. As for parking, the safest place for the week is in the port garages.

These are decent, less expensive places I would recommend that have plenty of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.

Marriott Courtyard South Beach... http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miacb-courtyard-miami-beach-south-beach/

Doubletree Surfcomber... http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/MIAOFDT-Doubletree-Surfcomber-Hotel-Miami-South-Beach-Florida/index.do

I've not been to the Holiday Inn...POM for a few years,but I think it's great for a pre-cruise !!

"Bayside Marketplace" is just across the street and offers a variety of restaurants and shops that always seemed to entertain us at night !!

"Marshall's " is a short and easy walk from the hotel....and you pass a Walgreen's on the way !

Parking at the port sounds like the best ( possibly safest) way to go.

Enjoy !!

If you want someplace pleasant to stay with restaurants and shopping, then your best bet is South Beach. But Miami is not a place you go on the cheap - Cheap can be extremely scary in Miami, and in January prices will be up there. As for parking, the safest place for the week is in the port garages.

These are decent, less expensive places I would recommend that have plenty of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance.

Marriott Courtyard South Beach... http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miacb-courtyard-miami-beach-south-beach/

Doubletree Surfcomber... http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/MIAOFDT-Doubletree-Surfcomber-Hotel-Miami-South-Beach-Florida/index.do

Trent gave you excellent advice about inexpensive hotels in Miami during peak season.

To those two South Beach hotels, add The Marseilles and The South Seas.

The Holiday Inn isn't cheap and for the money they will charge you, you can stay in South Beach.

Also, take a look at the Coconut Grove and Coral Gables hotels. No beach but definitely walking distance to tons of GREAT shopping and dining.

Don't stay downtown Miami. The Holiday Inn POM is a ripoff.

Archived