6279 on Equinox, far enough forward to not feel engine vibration?

AWorldCruise4Me

Hi everyone,

I hate to book aft cabins because the engine vibration bothers my back. However there was recently a price drop on a slightly less obstructed balcony cabin (C2) on my transatlantic so I booked 6279.

Anyone stayed in this area on Solstice or Equinox and can report on feeling any, and I do mean any, engine vibration in this area? It is about 13 cabins forward from the aft. Experience on a transatlantic or similar cruise where the ship is going full speed is helpful as that is when you feel the vibration the most.

If there is, I may spring for a more expensive but more forward cabin.

Thanks!

Michelle

I have an aft cabin on the Equinox next week and expect to feel some vibration. I have also been on the Millennium and the Constellation. They also have azipods. I suspect the azipods are right pretty close to your cabin. On previous cruises, you could feel the vibration (especially when docking) as the azipods are rotated. Personally it does not bother me that much.

This may help you understand azipods.

http://dvo.free.fr/systemsarticles.htm

I was just on the Equinox last week. I was in a cabin not far from yours and I only barely felt the engines as they were docking or undocking when the lateral thrusters were used.

I've been above the engines in the Tuscan Grill, Murano and Silk Harvest during dinner and never felt the engines.

Have a nice cruise!

Hi everyone,

I hate to book aft cabins because the engine vibration bothers my back. However there was recently a price drop on a slightly less obstructed balcony cabin (C2) on my transatlantic so I booked 6279.

Anyone stayed in this area on Solstice or Equinox and can report on feeling any, and I do mean any, engine vibration in this area? It is about 13 cabins forward from the aft. Experience on a transatlantic or similar cruise where the ship is going full speed is helpful as that is when you feel the vibration the most.

If there is, I may spring for a more expensive but more forward cabin.

Thanks!

Michelle

Hi: we just booked the Eqinox for the 10/23/09 sailing. Got a great price on a guaranteed balcony. I just checked and it looks like they gave us 6290. Does anyone know how obstructed ?

Thanks Mike:)

Hi: we just booked the Eqinox for the 10/23/09 sailing. Got a great price on a guaranteed balcony. I just checked and it looks like they gave us 6290. Does anyone know how obstructed ?

Thanks Mike:)

Check out the "Sticky" at the top of the page on Solstice cabins. The Equinox has the same layout.

Hi Mike,

I think I know the deal you got and you got a great deal! I wish I had that!

On 10/23 I'm in an 07 which is a terribly obstructed view (and I paid a ton more than you). Your in a C2 which has a life boat about floor level so really not bad at all. Even if you were on a higher deck you would look down on the lifeboat so it will just be a little closer to you in the down direction. Come join the roll call!

Cheers!

Michelle

Thanks everyone for the input. Based on the feedback I've been keeping an eye out for a more forward location. I just snagged 6159 which is a great mid-ship location. The only downside is the beds are near the bath and I think I would prefer them near the balcony. However since on the Oct. 23rd cruise they are near the balcony I guess I'll get to experience both formats.

Cheers!

Michelle

Archived