Just off Adventure 12/26-1/2/05 - My thoughts

He ordered a sandwich and drink of which he had a sticker for.

That may be the problem. I don't believe that you can use the sticker for room service, but I may be wrong as in the shore excursion bookings. :D

The sole reason for my family using Shoretrips.com was because they did offer excursions that are not offered by the cruiseline. So maybe the islands that you visited and did a compasion for, might have been an exception, but I do find differences between the both. Cost generallly is not my first concern, it's what is offered

You are correct that when we checked Shoretrips and RCCl excursions for our Hawaiian cruise that they had similar offerings. We also found the same excursions doing research on our own and saved several $'s pp. Some excursions however, were not anymore than doing them through RCCL, but being on our own meant that we could fight the crowds, the waiting, etc. that you have when there are 150 - 200 passengers loading up on tour buses. Some of our excursions were taken in limo's (that's the way to go) and cabs with no waiting. We could come and go as we pleased. ;)

Let's not jump down OP back for her LI, NY comment. She was simply stating that she ran into a group from LI that was rude. Not all LI is rude. As another poster stated, there are rude people from all over.:) I am from SC, and I didn't take offense.

To XPCDOOJK My son is the one one who ordered the room service and he said he had to sign the receipt of which there was a charge. I never looked at the receipt nor did look at the final bill for that charge (it wasn't going to break the bank.) He ordered a sandwich and drink of which he had a sticker for. My son tried to order a plain tuna fish sandwich on white bread, they refused to do that. They said they only had tuna in wraps that were pre-made and no fresh sandwich's can be ordered via room service. He was told his order would be delivered in 15 minutes, he waited 1 hour. Another young gentlemen I came across in the cafe promanade, said he ordered from room service 1 1/2 hours prior and they never showed up so he then went to the cafe promenade. I hope these details fullfilled your desire for the information.

Yes, I would say it clears up the misinformation in your original post. Thank you!:)

jc

Welcome back Angela. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the free champagne on New Year's Eve that I ordered for you (and the 3000 others on the ship ;) ). It cost a bit more than the 2 coconut drinks that I owed you and your husband but I figured what the heck.

Bill from UPSTATE NY, not Long Island. :D

• 1 year later...

Archived