Key West Review (12-23-04)

coachk34

We arrived around 2:30 PM on the Norwegian Majesty with a departure time of 10:00 PM. Customs went very smoothly, once each individual had been cleared you were allowed to leave the boat. They started with the top floors and worked their way down. We were on the bottom deck and were off by a little after 4:00. All the performers were starting to gather for the sunset celebration as we were leaving the ship. We were docked right on Mallory Square, apparently this does not happen very often since the boat can block the sunset. We did not get to see the sunset cause we thought it was going to be cloudy. So we just walked down one side of Duval St. and crawled back down the other. We did do a little shopping along the way.

Just wanted to give a quick overview of the bars we stopped at.

Fat Tuesdays is a great place for tasty dacqueries. Happy hour from 3-7 with $3.50 drinks.

Sloppy Joes. Is the big tourist place to go, very good and strong drinks with good food. Was a little too buys for our taste.

Irish Kevins. I could spend my whole day at this place. The drinks are good and the entertainment is even better. There is always a guy on stage singing greatest hits songs. Seems like they stay on stage forever.

Hope that helps a few people out. feel free to post or email any questions you may have. Thanks!!

I agree! We went to Irish Kevin's in August and had so much fun. The couple we went with didn't want to leave. We practically had to drag them out!!

If you like to have a good time and have a sense of humor, go to Irish Kevin's!!

When we were in Key West back in May Irish Kevin's had 2 for 1 margaritas with one costing $5.25. This last time I did not see any such specials, but that could have been where we were there later in the day. I have no idea on specials at Sloppy Joe's. Drink prices seemed a bit high, but considering they mix them much stronger than most places your really do get your money's worth.

Archived