Manava Suite Resort, Papeete

gabelle

• 3 weeks later...

Ia orana\

I have stayed there rtight after the opening in March

Great value for the money and easy access to town with the local transportation

I loved the view of Moorea from my room and the convenience of the kitchenette in the suites.

Enjoy FP

Meherio

ps : photos at :

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=74259&id=1280668565&l=48e084e7ce

Just got back last night from Tahiti. The Manava was very nice. We checked in early and our room was not ready so they gave us a free upgrade to a garden suite, with a full livingroom, seperate bedroom. It has a mini kitchen fully equiped with dishes and pots, one day I left the dishes after I rinsed them and we went to pool when we got back they were washed and put away. The apartment was big, very clean, the staff very nice. Seperate shower with a 10" rain shower head, and a 6ft. soaking tub. We even got to do a late check out at 6:00 because our flight did not leave until 10:00pm.

The pool was huge, swim up bar, infinity edge, walk in style from a beach of coral sand. A pier out to two little islands in the ocean with a walk into the ocean for snorkeling from a cove or you can use a ladder on the other side to go in deep. The view at sunset across the ocean is to die for.

Food in the hotel is high (it is all over the island). Across the street about a half block away by the coke sign is an over the counter local snack shop. Very cheap and good for sandwiches and breakfast to take back to your room. We walked about a mile to a supermarket (we like to walk) and got enough food for most of our stay for a fraction of the hotel food.

There's a tour desk in the lobby and we took a 4x4 tour into the middle of the island for a day, was very good.

Cab fare from the ship to hotel was 23 francs and to the airport from the hotel was 13 francs. There is a bus down a bit you can take into town for very little.

This is a very expensive part of the world and this place is a bargin and they do have a good security person or two walking around that you really do not notice until you realize they aren't cleaning but just walking about, at another popular hotel in the area we heard from some people on our tour that they had problems with theft. They do have safes in your rooms.

How's that for a report? Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...

Standard rooms at the front of the hotel on the street side are noisy. If you go for or are assigned one facing the street, ask to be moved across the hall to one facing the garden.

Sunnygidget has described well. Non pricey hotel food options include roulottes a block away in either direction. A Banque Socredo ATM to the left exiting the hotel and 15 minute walk, crossing the pedestrian overpass, gives a much better exchange rate than buying CFP from the hotel. Sister hotel to the Pearl on Moorea.

Conan

We stayed there for two nights after our cruise. The hotel is about 15 minutes from downtown Papeete. There is a shuttle from the hotel that costs but right now I cannot remember how much it costs. Sorry, but it was pretty reasonable. They do pick you up about 4 hours later. The restaurant was very nice and the pool area was also nice. Not very much of a beach area. The service was great and they were very accommodating on the day of check out. They let us check out about 5pm so we got to shower before we had to go to the airport. We had a room facing the water and it was very nice. Well worth the stay.

Archived