Question about day sails and seasickness...

bickee

Hello Bickee,

I have gotten seasick once or twice while out on boats... the last time it wasn't until the last 30 minutes of the trip when I went down to the use the head - you feel the rocking so much more down there. If you are proned to getting seasick tell the captain in advance so they can make suggestions... they might even suggest some over the counter medicine (taken the night before or day of) to help. I have also heard of a spray for the wrist that helps with motion sickness. The captains will know the tricks.

--Islander

The area in which you will be sailing, between St.Thomas and St.John, is surrounded by smaller islands and reefs which keep this area quite tranquil MOST of the time.

On our daysail on the "Fantasy" we had to use the small inboard engine just to keep moving, it was so calm.

Hello Bickee,

My partner and I were on the High Pockets on December 7, 2004. I must say that it was an INCREDIBLE time. We chartered the boat for just the two of us, but Captain Kathleen and her first mate will take up to 6 people. My partner has tendencies toward motion sickness and we experienced none, even though there was a good bit of motion on the boat. As you've already read the waters are fairly calm especially in the winter and spring. I HIGHLY recommend you consider High Pockets. It was the highlight of our cruise. Kathleen and Bill made us feel VERY special and we had loads of fun sailing, snorkeling, drinking and eating. It was a day of pampering and the memories will last a long time. Tell Captain Kathleen Michael and Michael sent you. She's the best!

Hi.....we sailed on Winifred in the fall and are going back again this year. Captain Sharon and First Mate Tommy recommended for sea sickness to take Bomine the night before and again in the morning a couple of hours before getting on the boat. Just my Mom did that as she is a worrier. She didn't have any problems. We all had a great time the whole family and the boat is beautiful. Captain Sharon is always happy to answer questions. She has been daysailing over twenty years. http://www.sailwinifred.com

Archived