White Rafting for 2?

crule

Hi gang:

For those of you who have white water rafted the Revantazon or the Pacuare in Costa Rica via Cruise Ship (and not via a ship's excursion, but a book-your-own), were any of you able to find a tour guy who did not have a 4 (or 6) person minimum?

I've been trading emails with all the major players (danilo, charlie soto, diego, etc) - and so far, the one's responding all require 4 minimum.

My wife are physical fit and are looking to do something active when he make port at Limon. I've no interest in "zip lining" - been there, done that.

I've solicited interest on our roll call for 2 or more takers. We got 2 bites but they had to cancel out because they wouldn't be medically cleared in time (one of them had surgery recently and the doctor recommended against anything aggressively strenuous).

So ... who will take us rafting and not require a 4 person minimum?

I'm with you on this one. Ziplined twice and did not intend to do it again + the change to white water sounded perfect. I've tried all the outside tours with the same results. I left my 'name' with all companies in case anyone else shows interest but so far no luck. I've tried my meet and mingle and last option I booked the ship tour. Hopefully they get enough response and don't cancel - they must need more then 4 to cover their added expense. I don't want to end up with the zipline as all other excursions - bus tour - train -air tram = yawn. It would have to be the zipline again.

Good luck to you.

• 1 month later...

I went to Costa Rica on a land tour, so I can't help you with vendors near the cruise ship. My boyfriend and I also had trouble finding someone to take us, as most companies wanted four. We ended up finding a company to take us out. When we got there, we found out that our rafts were only for 2 people. It was still a lot of fun, but since I had to have a tour guide on the raft with me, my boyfriend had a different raft (and guide). I thought we would be together (they did keep us close by, just different rafts).

If you do find someone to take you, you might want to ask how many people the raft holds.

You don't say which ship you'll be on or when you'll be in Limon. My husband and I are on Carnival Miracle and will be in Limon on Jan. 19th. We've been doing the same searches you have. If you're on the Miracle, we'd love to group together for a rafting trip or if anyone else on the Miracle is interested. Also, someone suggested we try http://www.exploradoresoutdoors.com; i emailed but haven't heard back yet. Let me know!

I have the same problem. will be there befroe the Jan 19th people. i am going to email Charlie today to cancel as i am alone. maybe I can try again in Alaska. they just add you in.

they do make it hard on you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived