Just 2 more questions about Costa Rica

roomiec

I want to thank everyone that contributed info regarding the health...and pricing...of Windstar. Now that we are booked for the 12/19 RT, I turn again for help with the following:

1) WindStar is quoting $138pp/rt for the shuttle from the Airport to the ship.

Has anyone used a reliable, possibly less expensive, alternative?

2) For those who have done this itinerary, what excursions are a must? Ans what excursions should we pass on?

Thanks for your advice.

I want to thank everyone that contributed info regarding the health...and pricing...of Windstar. Now that we are booked for the 12/19 RT, I turn again for help with the following:

1) WindStar is quoting $138pp/rt for the shuttle from the Airport to the ship.

Has anyone used a reliable, possibly less expensive, alternative?

2) For those who have done this itinerary, what excursions are a must? Ans what excursions should we pass on?

Thanks for your advice.

I have not been on your itinerary, but we did visit the Caribbean coast on a Princess cruise. We took a combo tour that had a tram ride through the rain forest (scenic and sedate but not a lot of wildlife except some butterflies), a tasty lunch, and the real highlight - a cruise on the Tortugero Canals. Fantastic with wildlife ranging from Crocs to families of Howler Monkeys.

I bet there is a similar tour offered on the Pacific coast. If the river/canal cruise is like ours, you are in for a real treat. Costa Rica (from the portion we saw) is a beautiful country and its people are justifiably proud of it.

Enjoy!

We are taking the January 9th Costa Rica cruise and have booked transportation from the airport with Odyssey Tours. They were recommended on another board by a couple who had used them. They are cheaper and very responsive to my emails. Their email address is odysseytours@gmail.com.

I can't comment on shore excursions as this is our first trip to Costa Rica. It will be our third trip with Windstar and we love it.

Archived