Looking for Ideas on St. Thomas/St. John

JasmineC

St. Thomas/St. John is one of our ports of call in February. I've read through these boards and see that there are a few bays/beaches to see such as Coki Beach and Magan's Bay. I've also bookmarked Godfrey's Tour. Anything else a MUST SEE?

My husband and I are not big 'partiers' nor drinkers, so sitting at a beach bar is kinda ridiculous.

I would like to see some of the scenery and do a bit of shopping. Perhaps too one or two of the islands, do a bit of snorkeling, I think that would be neat.

What are any other suggestions? Any advice is greatly appreciated! TIA

Hello Jasmine,

Your plans so far sound great... take the ferry over to St. John in the am and go to the beach, do some snorkeling. Come back to St. Thomas and do an 1 hour - 1 1/2 hour tour and then do some shopping. Check out the beach guides and info. at http://www.***** (click on the island you are interested in and then you will see beaches, attractions, ferry schedule ect.)

--Islander

Hi Jasmine - my boyfriend and I are on the 2/13 Valor sailing too! We have a reservation with Godfrey and I'm really excited about it since I've heard such wonderful things about his tour. What it sounds like you want to do is perfect for his tour....$20 gets you the sight seeing, the shopping and the beach. I hear Magen's Bay has been polluted lately and that Godfrey will recommend Coki or Sapphire instead.

Godfrey will also, instead of taking you to the beach, take you back to the ship, and I think from there you would be able to board a ferry over St. John and go to a beach over there, so that way you would be seeing more than one island.

Ah, decisions, decisions!

hey.. i dont know if you are interested in this.. but i figuared id throw this idea your way.. i went on Captain Nautica’s Power Raft Snorkeling tour in late December.. and it was awesome. the best part is the ride to the snorkeling locations.. you get to ride on a very fast power boat, it was a blast. im 17, but my parents are in their 40's and they enjoyed the ride also. the captains are really great.. they know all of the best snorkel spots. they also give complementary sodas/water and fruit and shrimp. this was the best tour ive been on in St. Thomas they stop at atleast 3 locations. one was a place to see some reef but mostely sea turtles. one was a ship wreck. and the other was just a coral reef (beautiful!) at the end of the tour on the way back they say that there is a chance that you can see whales (we didnt spot any. but thats probably because it was not the right season.). hope this helps some.

having just returned from our cruise, I really have to recommend the Daysail Fantasy with Captain Pam. (or her husband, Brian) We got off the ship and took a taxi to Red Hook Bay. Capt. Pam met us there, and we dinghied out to her sailboat. The crew, Russel and Stephanie were great. We met at 9:30am. We sailed all around St. Thomas and St. John. We stopped once in a cove and snorkeled for about 45 minutes. Got back on the boat, and she had lunch ready for us. Sailed over to St. John and snorkeled again. Got back on the boat and we all napped...back to Red Hook at 3:15pm. Plenty of time to shop. The price is $125/person. Includes all the food, and drinks. You can have alcohol, or not. She has a wide range. I think we all had maybe 2 drinks each. The day was wonderful! Pam takes only 6 people out a day, so there is no overcrowding, or big party group. Plenty of room to lay out in the sun on the deck. Plenty of room to get out of the sun and under the bimini. My kids, 25,21 and 19 feel it was the highlight of their trip. www.daysailfantasy.com

also, she provided all the snorkeling equipment.

Kris

Archived