last minute cruise

CruiserRose

anyone booked a last minute(<5 days) cruise that can give me advice on this would be appreciated.

So we are thinkinig of booking a last minute cruise for this friday(for my bday- yippee). If we go, we have pretty much already given up on the aspect of having any type of cabin selection. this will just be a quick, fun, get out of town and celebrate bday cruise.

so my Q is, do you think prices will lower any more the closer it gets to Friday?

What is the last day you can book assuming cabins dont sell out till last minute?

cruise itin if that makes a diff

friday - Sept 25th - Port of Miami - Carnival Imagination

thanks for your opinions.

I booked once on a Friday and sailed on the Monday. Just needed to get away from life. Pricing all depends on how well that sailing is selling. If they still have tons of cabins then prices will remain good, however if they are filling up prices may increase. I believe the cruise line has to submit a manifest 48 hours prior to sailing. So for a Friday you would probably have to book by tomorrow, however I have heard of people calling Carnival direct and getting a booking later than that.

There have been members that reported that they booked their cruise within 24 hours of sailing of late, but basic rule of thumb is that there is a 72 hour window before the actual sailing that passengers must be booked due to Homeland Security.;)

Will the rates go down before you want to sail ???.... possibly, but the only way you will know is to call the cruiseline and see what availability looks like as well as the rates. :rolleyes:

The 48 hour and 72 rule has NEVER been in effect or a requirement by Homeland Security. The previous rule was the manifest had to be submitted with 15 minutes of departure. This was changed Feb 2008 to the manifest has to be submitted one hour prior to sailing. No changes can be made once it is submitted.

There have been cases where people have booked the morning of. You must book directly with Carnival and not your TA. The embarkation personnel may not have your booking information and will have to call Miami for it.

Dave

My coworker took a chance and booked a great deal on the Fantasy last week. He cleared it with the boss, then sat back to watch the price drop. He talked to his PVP and waited. The ship filled up quickly and he thought "oh well next time." His PVP called first thing Sat am and offered him an inside for $179pp. He jumped on it and had a fabulous time. So yes, it can be done if you are willing to take what is available and can leave last minute. What makes my friend's story even more fun is that he had just returned from his first ever cruise on the Ecstasy, came back to work for a week, then left again for a week. I hope to do the spur of the moment thing myself soon!!! Good luck to you and go for it:)

Archived