P&O Aurora

ladikara

Well in March i'm going on P&O from Hong Kong to San Francisco (home). My parents have always traveled on P&O. My stepdad started to travel on P&O since he was in his mid 20's.

This will be my first cruise. It's 22 days long. But I can't wait. We are at 63 days and counting until we leave for Hong Kong. We are spending close to a week in Hong Kong then hopping on the ship.

Anybody else going on this segment or any other segment of the "around the world" cruise?

Hi ladikara - I'll be onboard as well! :cool:

I'm actually doing the whole Sydney to Southampton 'homeward' bound leg of Aurora's World Cruise which sails on 27 February for 55 days :). I also have UK friends who are flying out to Hong Kong to join the ship and disembark in San Francisco.

Aurora is my favourite P&O ship and I do hope you enjoy your cruise on her. Any questions I can answer for you? If so, just ask away!

I'm also counting down the days - only 54 sleeps for me! :D

Oh how I wish I could start in Sydney. Let alone, do I wish I could do the whole cruise. But sadly enough....work only allows so much time away. :D :( :D We do have a family friend that my parents met awhile back that are doing the whole cruise. How lucky are they!!!

My parents sailed on her back in 94 (?) and loved it. They said so far, it was one of their favorite ships. Which is why we are sailing on it this time. I think we will have a great time because it's my mom, stepdad, my older stepsister and myself all going. So it's a great time for all of us to spend time together.

She pulled into San Francisco around March of last year and we went into the city just to see her. The cruise seemed like it was SO far away back then, but now it's getting closer. I can't wait! :D

If I think of any questions i'll let you know. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Tried to post this before, so hope it doesn't come up as a duplicate reply !

Hi ladikara - yes, wish I could do the whole world cruise too - your parent's friends are indeed very lucky! :D

Perhaps your parents were on another ship in 1994 (?), as Aurora was only built in 2000. I saw her on her maiden call into Sydney in 2001 and was determined to sail on her. By February 2002, I was aboard to sail from Honolulu to Sydney. I did a further 5 days cruise Auckland to Brisbane in February 2004 and it was while I was aboard that I decided it was time to do a longer voyage. Nothing like booking a year ahead! :eek:

So great that your family gets to sail together - you will love the ship! Perhaps we can meet up onboard sometime during the 22 days to say 'hi' and have coffee....or something stronger! ;)

Keep counting down the days.....it won't be long now!

Hi

We are booked on the Oriana for a sector of the world cruise. Starting in Hong Kong and getting off in Mumbai. We are also staying a few days in Hong Kong first. Looking forward to it as we haven't visited that part of the world before.

Only 7 weeks to go !

Hi Britgirl, hope you have a wonderful cruise onboard Oriana - sounds like an interesting sector.

Even though the two ships are cruising around the world, I don't think they 'cross paths' at any stage :( which is a pity.

Alrighty...I admit I was wrong! :confused: They were on an old P&O ship called the Fairstar (I think that is what it was called). It was Fair something. :) I know there was 3 different ships that started with Fair. Their first cruise on Aurora was from Singapore. But they still say Aurora is their favorite.

My stepdad helps load and unload cruises in SF and on Dec 26 the Oriana is coming in and he is working that cruise. So we are going to go into the city and watch it come in. I can't wait! He's going to try to get us guest passes to go on board while it's docked. Fun Fun Fun!

Hi ladikara - never mind what ship it was - the cruise is the thing!!!!! :) And I can imagine there was quite a difference for your parents between Fair.... and Aurora!

How lucky your stepdad works out of SF harbour. I hope he can get guest passes, but let me tell you, last time I was on Aurora NO ONE was allowed onboard that was not a passenger. These days, not even bridge visits allowed, and I suppose it all has to do with increased security :(

Not even the Cruise Director, who at that time had worked for P&O in excess of 20 years, was allowed to bring guests onboard. However, you might be lucky! Let me know what you think of Oriana - it's a great ship, but Aurora is even better! :D :D

How many sleeps for you now??? Only 50 for me! Can't stand all this waiting!

Archived