Just an FYI...Senor Frogs in Cabo now

Caro C

People are always asking so thought I would let everyone know. Senor Frogs is open in Cabo. Yup. It finally opened last Friday and was really going strong today. It is directly across from the end of the pier past the security checkpoint where Senor Greenburgs used to be at GaliPlaza. Looks the same, sounds the same as all the other ones.

I am willing to bet that they will be open when you get here next year! I am surprised they took this long to open up at the pier. They are sooooo close. Not far to stumble back to the tender line...people only have to make it about 50ft to the security checkpoint and then another 30ft or so to the tender.

I think Senor Greenburgs was where I found free wifi.

Any other options available?

gary

It was the closest place to the pier with free connection and it closed about a year ago. There are many restaurants along the marina sidewalk that have it and there is always my favorite...Senor Sweets at the mall. I will ask Frogs manana if they have it and let you know.

I am willing to bet that they will be open when you get here next year! I am surprised they took this long to open up at the pier. They are sooooo close. Not far to stumble back to the tender line...people only have to make it about 50ft to the security checkpoint and then another 30ft or so to the tender.

Thanks for the info! We'll be in Cabo next month off the Splendor, sounds like a great first margarita if it's HOT!

Wonder how this new addition to Cabo will effect cruise ship business at Cabo Wabo?

Not very much. Cabo Wabo is located in the middle of town and only a tiny portion of the place is even open during the day. The main bar doesn't open until 7 or 8 and the main restuarant at about 5.

Really? things must have changed the last few years at Cabo Wabo. I went there a couple of times in 2004 - 2005 during the day and it was full of cruise ship passengers. The outside patio area was packed as well as the inside bar area. There was music and lots of cruise ship passengers dancing etc. As a matter of fact, I had to drag my niece out of there to get back in time for the 1pm tender.

Really? things must have changed the last few years at Cabo Wabo. I went there a couple of times in 2004 - 2005 during the day and it was full of cruise ship passengers. The outside patio area was packed as well as the inside bar area. There was music and lots of cruise ship passengers dancing etc. As a matter of fact, I had to drag my niece out of there to get back in time for the 1pm tender.

But that inside bar area is the small bar!;) I'm sure it depends on the day and the cruisers but not very many cruisers seem to make it there due to the location. Some never get off the marina walk.

May also depend greatly upon how many cruise ships are at anchor on any given day. Or if a particular cruise ship has a large group cruise contingent that decides to descend upon Cabo Wabo. A good example will be the upcoming "5 ships at anchor" madness that will happen in October.

Generally speaking however, most of the really popular night clubs do not really get active until 8pm or later. That would include Cabo Wabo, Giggling Marlin, and El Squid Roe. Cruiser's will never know what these places are really like until they book a separate land vacation to Cabo.

Ugh, I hate Senior Frogs, complete rip off. I told my husband no way are we going to it in Mazatlan again. You need to keep a good eye on your bill as they ply you with tequila shots and jello shots, and those don't come free. They will shove down your throat literrally LOL!. Now it's in Cabo and basicaly right in your face as you get off the tender. Oh well, we'll by pass it that's for sure. We'll go to the more local areas to enjoy and spend our money.

Just curious, is the dog with the sunglasses and sombrero hat holding a basket in it's mouth still there?

It's very simple - Senor Frogs is not for everyone. But there are plenty that enjoy it. I wouldn't go on a thread about something I don't enjoy and trash it - knowing that others enjoy themselves. Yes - they push those shots. Yes - I am always able to say no. Yes I always check my bill - I do that everywhere I go. One person's "ripoff" is another person's "fun."

One person's "ripoff" is another person's "fun."

Which I guess means both people are allowed to post their experiences - the cheerleader and the trasher. That's how everyone else can then come to an enlightened decision whether to patronize a place or not.

Just curious, is the dog with the sunglasses and sombrero hat holding a basket in it's mouth still there?

I haven't seen the dog in a long time...or come to think of it, haven't seen the guy that walked around the marina selling those whistle things and had the bag with the fake cat tail sticking out of it either.

Which I guess means both people are allowed to post their experiences - the cheerleader and the trasher. That's how everyone else can then come to an enlightened decision whether to patronize a place or not.

I have seen alot of people walking around with plastic palm tree drink glasses from Senor Frogs this week. But have also see a bunch of shopping bags from Cabo Wabo too.

It's very simple - Senor Frogs is not for everyone. But there are plenty that enjoy it. I wouldn't go on a thread about something I don't enjoy and trash it - knowing that others enjoy themselves. Yes - they push those shots. Yes - I am always able to say no. Yes I always check my bill - I do that everywhere I go. One person's "ripoff" is another person's "fun."

I've been there enough to know enough is enough. Have at it. I don't like to patronize chain restaurants in resorts. I prefer more local establishments and have twice the fun and supporting the locals.

BTW I an not trashing Senior Frogs, just stating my own opinion as to what I have seen and heard.

Babies, I'm not arguing with you over it's value. But the point of the thread was to tell people it was open. The thread subject was not The Pros and Cons of Frogs. It just seems sometimes that even a harmless thread to give information turns into someone jumping onboard to trash it. Tone is very hard to decipher sometimes online and when I feel anyone who "likes" something that someone else "hates" is being condescended to, it doesn't sit well. Superiority is not an attractive trait, for anyone. Viva la difference!

Househunter, I agree with you. Hearing both "sides" of an issue is valuable. But no one had asked if Frog's was worth going to - it was just info. I appreciate your helpfulness on this site regarding Cabo.

Whatever we all decide to do on our various cruises, I hope we all have our own type of fun!!!!

Babies, I'm not arguing with you over it's value. But the point of the thread was to tell people it was open. The thread subject was not The Pros and Cons of Frogs. It just seems sometimes that even a harmless thread to give information turns into someone jumping onboard to trash it. Tone is very hard to decipher sometimes online and when I feel anyone who "likes" something that someone else "hates" is being condescended to, it doesn't sit well. Superiority is not an attractive trait, for anyone. Viva la difference!

Househunter, I agree with you. Hearing both "sides" of an issue is valuable. But no one had asked if Frog's was worth going to - it was just info. I appreciate your helpfulness on this site regarding Cabo.

Whatever we all decide to do on our various cruises, I hope we all have our own type of fun!!!!

I'm not arguing with anyone. Enjoy Senior Frogs LOL!

Archived