Decaf Coffee

rslex

My DW & I will be on the Emerald Princess in January for our first Princess cruise. She loves good coffee, but :eek:MUST:eek: only drink decaf! Unfortunately she has been ruined by Starbucks.

I read on another post about the coffee coming from syrup. Not too many compliments on that idea. I can put up with it, probably. I figure if it were absolutely awful, on a consistent basis, the Powers That Be would make a change. My DW, however is most particular.

So, the questions are-

Should we purchase a coffee card so she can get brewed decaf, and secondly- Is the brewed decaf any good?

Or, third- Should we opt to bring our own coffee pot and coffee for her to brew in our room?

Or, third- Should we opt to bring our own coffee pot and coffee for her to brew in our room?

If the DW is as picky about her coffee as I am, this is what I would suggest. Just make sure to take a 'safe' coffee maker. We take one that doesn't have a warming plate that makes one cup at a time. Safe as a hair dryer, but makes a great cup of coffee. :)

I have to drink DECAF too. We just came off the CB 8/22-29 and I actually brought my own Folgers decaf bags with me. I tasted the decaf on board and it was horrendous. Im soooo glad I packed my Folgers. It was never a problem to get hot water anywhere on the ship. I might add they do have plenty of decaf tea and honey and that was really good - especially at afternoon tea with those SCONES!!! :)

If the DW is as picky about her coffee as I am, this is what I would suggest. Just make sure to take a 'safe' coffee maker. We take one that doesn't have a warming plate that makes one cup at a time. Safe as a hair dryer, but makes a great cup of coffee. :)

So, am I to assume that the Emerald Princess does not provide coffee makers in the state rooms?

In terms of bringing a safe coffee maker or getting the coffee card, it depends on how much decaf coffee you plan to drink. I only drink decaf and usually drink about two cups of decaf a day. For me, the coffee card is the best option since going to the Plaza level to get a cup twice a day is no bother. But, if I drank more than that, I'd want the coffee to be a bit more convenient.

By the way, the decaf coffee on the Plaza level is terrific! It is always fresh, hot and just strong enough.

Archived