Carry on wine with B2B

Izziebella

Carnival states in their pre-sail book that each adult is permitted 1 bottle of wine to carry on.

If we're on B2B cruises will they allow 2 bottles per adult per cruise?

Let me give you a little tip, buy some wines in port on your first cruise and they will deliver it to your room on the last night of the frist cruise...Then you can drink it on your second week...and maybe a little rum...LOL.....:)....Dennis

I'm assuming the security people don't know the rules regarding B2B cruises, if there are any.

You are correct in that assumption . . . at least as I experienced it.

The security personnel saw two bottles in the xray, and commented that I could only keep one. I was prepared for that and had the documents for the second leg of the B2B out and ready to show. Several confused looks.

I had to explain that on the return I would not be going through any xray once again, so unless they had a method to deliver the second bottle to my room for the second leg, I was within the printed guidelines (which I also carried) to have the additional bottle. This was my literally my security checkpoint for the cruise occuring days later. Their responce: "Go right ahead and have a good cruise".

Archived