Arubalisa are you out there. Help please!!

lillulu

Hi ArubaLisa,

I need your help if you can. I have checked out several companies that you have recommend. :confused:

Bully, He is booked for the day I am to arrive. *Bully did inform me that he now charges $45.00 an hour*. We would have taken a 4 hour tour with him had he been available. Longer if we needed so we could see the things we hoped to see. He was worth the price to me. $180.00 plus the tip we would give him.

ABC Tours, said they can do a private tour but would cost just shy of $400.00 for a family of 4. That is for a 4 hour tour. Because of our time arriving in port we can not do anything before Noon (well technically 1:00). That is when our ship is to arrive. We are in port from 12:00 noon until 12:00 PM midnight.

Wixtours has not gotten back to me yet.

Kini Kini tours, web sight seems to be down as it gives the message they are doing maintenance.

Depalm tours, I have not heard back from either.

Arubayourway tours, I have not heard from them.

This is the problem I am having with most that I have contacted. They go in the mornings. The ones in the afternoon are going to places we don't want to go. Example: we are not interesting in going snorkeling, nor swimming. We can do that on our own if we want. We want to see the more exciting places Aruba has to offer.

Below is what we were hoping to do with out a lot of ppl. (Being no bus tour). We were hoping for a Jeep tour but so far that doesn't seem to be likely. Now we know we might not be able to do all of this but we would like to do as much as we can.

1. California Light House & Sand Dunes

2. Chapel of Alto vista

3. Bushiribana Gold Mill Ruins

4. Yamanoto point

5. Ostrich Farm

6. Natural Bridge (baby, we know big one collapsed)

7. Arikok National Park

8. Ayo Rock formation & Indian drawings

9. Look out point over Palm & Eagle beach

10. Divi Divi tree

11.Natural Pool (just for pictures)

12. The floating market and shopping in town (which I know we can more then likely do on our own).

I appreciate any help you could offer.

Thank you in advance

Have you thought about just hiring a taxi on the spot to take you to these places? Then you would get the $40-$45/hr rate. A taxi can't get you to some places on your list but it can get you to most. You seem to know a lot about what you want to see so you can direct your driver yourself.

Have you thought about just hiring a taxi on the spot to take you to these places? Then you would get the $40-$45/hr rate. A taxi can't get you to some places on your list but it can get you to most. You seem to know a lot about what you want to see so you can direct your driver yourself.

I research about the places I would like to go. The problem is, I have no clue where these things are on the Island. Two I would have no ideal about the history or anything about the places except from what I have read here on line.

Do you happen to know if there are taxi drivers that know of these places and can tell you the history? And if they would know the order to go in to each of the places? (meaning driving order) so we are not wasting time going back and forth to get to see stuff.

TIA, and thanks for the other info you provided I appreciate it.

Taxi fares were increased by the government thus the cost increase $40 - $45.

Kini Kini is still in business, but switching over their website. You can email them at info@kinikinitours.com

You could also email mail@sensitivehikers.com and inquire about a customize a private tour. The name is a little misleading, but they do lead jeep tours.

If none of these work out feel free to email me and I will try to come up with a couple of other ideas.

I understand your reluctance in taking "just any taxi" for a tour of the island. Been there, done that on other islands and been extremely disappointed. :mad:

A taxi will not be able to get you to the Natural Pool.

Since it does sound like you really want a Tour Guide a "normal" taxi wouldn't fit your bill. I was basing my thoughts on our experience in Aruba off a cruise a year ago and trying to save money. (We tried to rent a jeep for a self tour and it was a mess; no honoring of reservation, no rep at pier, "helpfull" company tried to upsell us to a wreck, etc... I have since read about this sort of thing at the pier happening alot.)

Anyway, we ended up hiring a taxi and except for the natural pool access it worked great for us. We just told the driver where we wanted to go and he took us there. He wasn't a guide but did answer our questions. I guess perhaps we were lucky from what it sounds. He dropped us next to the Marriot at the end and we just took another taxi back since we didn't know our return time. It all worked great for us. As long as you know the fixed taxi rates (THANKS Arubalisa) it works well for those not requiring a guide.

We are going back to Aruba next March and I thank you for posting this tread for new ideas.

Taxi fares were increased by the government thus the cost increase $40 - $45.

If none of these work out feel free to email me and I will try to come up with a couple of other ideas.

I understand your reluctance in taking "just any taxi" for a tour of the island. Been there, done that on other islands and been extremely disappointed. :mad:

A taxi will not be able to get you to the Natural Pool.

Arubalisa, thank you so much for the information. I have sent both of those you recommended above an e-mail.

Here's who I have sent e-mails to:

Pitaruba- no reply back yet. (This is a gentleman named Cerry Crose that was recommend).

Bully- is already booked/ plus another e-mail to him- seeing if he could recommend someone.

ABC tours - Have to go private. $390.00 for 4 hrs for 4 ppl. (little high for my budget)

Wixtours - Replied back only with an afternoon tour that they offer. (W/Beach and snorkel which we don't do, so wasted time for us :()

Depalm tours - Also replied back with tours they offer. First is a 1/2 day tour called Baby Beach jeep adventures $75.00 per person (4 hrs). 2nd. Discover Aruba tour $55.00 per person. And both go to the beach w/snorkeling. :(

KiniKini tours - you just gave me and I have sent an e-mail

Sensitivehikers - you just gave me and I have sent an e-mail

If something doesn't come out of these I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and go with a cookie cutter tour and sit at a beach wasting my time uggg, or pay the private fee.

Thanks again for the help and information

• 3 weeks later...
lillulu- how did you make out?

Hey Jolly,

We haven't left yet. We sail the 25th. But I did end up booking a tour with Cerry Crose. He charges $40.00 an hour max of 4passengers. I let him know what I would like to see and let him put it into the order. As he would know his Island better than myself. We have asked him for 4-5 hours of his time, as he feels that is what we would need to do as we want. If you would like his information I can give it to you. Here is his web sight. http://www.pitaruba.com. He e-mailed me back and we confirmed pick up time where to meet etc. So when I get back I will make sure to let you know how it went.

• 3 weeks later...

Not all Taxi drivers are incompetent, it depends on who you deal with.

There are some of them who worked in the tourism industry before they

became Taxi drivers and are very good at what they do.

e.g. myself before I started with this I had previously worked in the tourism industry and have an experience of over 36 yrs working in this field, have taken many courses ,history of the Island, public relations etc,etc.

This post is not intended for self promotion but just merely to inform that there are Taxi drivers who are very well prepared for taking people touring the Island and that they are capable of delivering what is expected of them.

Cerry

Archived