?Bringing fresh flowers on to ship

Bizziecruzer

Hi there.

You can take anything like that onto the ship (fresh food flowers etc) from what I have seen but you cannot take it off the ship again.

I saw a lady in Vanuatu wearing fresh flowers in her hair when we got back on the ship, and they said she could keep them but could not take them off the ship again when she got off (which she said-that's fine!)

But if you are spending much money I would ring quarantine or P&O to check first.

Hi there.

You can take anything like that onto the ship (fresh food flowers etc) from what I have seen but you cannot take it off the ship again.

I saw a lady in Vanuatu wearing fresh flowers in her hair when we got back on the ship, and they said she could keep them but could not take them off the ship again when she got off (which she said-that's fine!)

But if you are spending much money I would ring quarantine or P&O to check first.

yes we have seen the same sort of thing

You'll have no problem taking them on board, but you won't be able to take them off the ship at any port or when you return to Australia!

When we visted Nuku'alofa we were given lovely fresh flower leis on the shore tour we did, and we brought them back onto the ship for us as it was Island night that night.

We saw the most beautiful flower markets in Suva (about the only nice thing we saw there btw LOL) and once we had boarded the ship again, I wished I had bought a bunch to put on display in our cabin. We had a mini-suite and they falsely advertised it would contain fresh flowers which it did not.

I love having fresh flowers around me all the time so I was thinking next time I will buy some flowers if I see nice ones at port and will hopefully have a nice steward who can get me a vase, jug or bowl for displaying them in my cabin!!

Archived