e-mail from Carnival or scam?

bleuseas

There is a a suspicious looking e-mail in my inbox this morning. It says it's from IRBFAXSL92 (#means nothing to me/not a booking #) and the subject is "Carnival Cruise Lines-IMPORTANT NOTICE". Cruising in just a couple of weeks, stupid me, I opened it and all I see there is an attachment. I haven't opened the attachment yet. Anyone else get an email like this? Would you go further?

We have had emails from Carnival that start out with that crazy conglomeration of numbers and letters...ours WERE actually from Carnival. If I remember correctly...that was when they notified us of the Fuel Supplement charge being added on:rolleyes: Hopefully, that is not the case this time!!!

Thanks, although tempted, I didn't open it. I looked at me reservation and nothing had changed. There wasn't any kind of Carnival logo or link, which I would think would be the norm in an "official" e-mail from Carnival.

We're sailing a guarantee & was hoping it was an upgrade (ha!). Going to the Bahamas, so Antigua doesn't affect us. If it's fuel surcharge, nothing we can do, but gas prices are supposedly going down now.

I was suspicious too. I think Carnival should have had a better way of getting this information. However I did a virus scan. It said that the port of ST KITTS is replacing the port of ANTIGUA on our Eastern Caribbean Cruise. It's actually a photograph of a letter. I went on the website and its replaced on our itinerary too.

Thanks, although tempted, I didn't open it. I looked at me reservation and nothing had changed. There wasn't any kind of Carnival logo or link, which I would think would be the norm in an "official" e-mail from Carnival.

Did it address you by name in the salutation? That's how I usually decide if something is real or just phishing.

There is a a suspicious looking e-mail in my inbox this morning. It says it's from IRBFAXSL92 (#means nothing to me/not a booking #) and the subject is "Carnival Cruise Lines-IMPORTANT NOTICE". Cruising in just a couple of weeks, stupid me, I opened it and all I see there is an attachment. I haven't opened the attachment yet. Anyone else get an email like this? Would you go further?

Sounds like a fax to me, I have recieved them before. But just to be on the safe side I would call Carnival. :)

Luv's Crusin'

Every cruise Carnival sends me the required medical forms (Diabetes) this way. Same sort of address. They are in some mystery format that I can not open on my home or work computer. My request to them to send them some other format or to just fax them to me always comes back "undeliverable". So I now just ignore them. If it is important my PVP always calls me with any updates or changes.

Archived