What are your Regrets, Realizations and Solutions?

JAMS1

I regret being intimidated by all the "experienced cruisers" on this board who only sail in balconys, tip 3x the amount necessary, insist that everyone dress formal so as not to ruin "their" cruise, bring rum runners, buy all new cruise clothes and shoes to match, curse children (and adults) in elevators etc.

I realized that I dont need to do the above to enjoy my cruise and that I just need to worry about my own family and the wonderful time we are having together!

Solution: take comments on CC with a grain of sea-salt and try to sea-weed out the good information - there's plenty of it!!

Happy Cruising!!!

~Connie

It took me 4 cruises to get this one, we just took our 5th cruise, an inside, all the way to the bottom, all the way to the front of the ship & it was wonderful, DH said it was the most well appointed "Closet" he had ever slept in.

Now, we will be going on more cruises, saving $$$ by not always booking a balcony. "Closets" work wonderfully.

Regret: Not cruising before now. Always thought we couldn't afford it. I wished we had cruised when the kids were younger. They are now, 23, 20, 18, 15, 14.

Realization: While on a whole family cruise they are old enough to really enjoy each others company and want to hang out with us more.

Regret: Not measuring a suitcase we borrowed for our last cruise and had to pay 30.00 extra each way for 2 inches.

Realization: We won't be taking that suitcase anymore.

Solution: Plan on more family cruises including both our parents.

Archived