Embarkation at FLL - Emerald Princess

Kimmus66

Hello everyone,

I am heading out on Emerald Princess in about amonth. We are staying at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.

How early can we get on the ship? I know with RCL and Carnival, we have usually gotten to the port by 11am and are on the ship by Noon.

This is our first time with Princess -- can we do the same, or is that too early?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim

Two years ago we were on the Emerald and were at the terminal by 11AM. Unless things have changed, that terminal is a mess. Small seating area and not well organized. We were in a Suite, so we were the first to board by noon.

Again, the seating area is small unless they have redone it. They had just put into place a new boarding procedure but the people doing it did not know what it was, so good luck and have a great trip.

The Emerald is a great ship.:)

Last year we took our time, went shopping and went to the port "late" at 3:15. There was NO-ONE.....and I mean nobody. We walked in, and all the agents wanted us because there was nobody there!

I would go at this time for sure for all future cruises with no hesitiation. It's the best just walking on.

We were on the Emerald this past winter and boarded a little before noon. The terminal was crowded, but if you are a platinum repeat cruiser Princess has a separate waiting area and you are the first to board. For us it was all rather painless since we are platinum.

Hello everyone,

I am heading out on Emerald Princess in about amonth.

Thanks,

Kim

Kim, what date is your sailing? You might want to join the roll call for your sailing date--it is a great way to meet people who will be on the ship with you. Here is a link to the Emerald roll calls:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=387

We like to get to the port before noon. We board, have lunch and then tour the ship. It makes us feel like we have an extra day.

October 18th can't come soon enough.

Linda

Hi Linda, the EP is in the middle of its repositioning cruise now (after spending the summer in Europe). It is/was in Dublin today, headed for Belfast, Reykjavik Iceland, Qaqortog Greenland, and St John's Newfoundland on its way to Ft. Lauderdale. My fiancee and I are taking the EP on the 10/11 voyage, so we'll try to make sure everything is in order for your trip ;)

-scott

dublin.jpg.fe55c06618ba5a1ef40f8e845558d9dd.jpg

Archived