Freeport: SeaWorld Explorer Semi Submarine

TMS MT

Norwegian Cruise Line offers the SeaWorld Explorer Semi Submarine for $62. It sounds like that includes transportation from the ship to Port Lucaya. It looks like we can purchase that same trip directly for $45 per person, without transportation. Because this is just a 2 hour trip, I like the idea of doing it on our own so we can stay in Port Lucaya for a few hours afterwards, and also it is a bit cheaper. But, I would rather not purchase in advance. So my question is - can we just walk up to their office on the dock at Port Lucaya and purchase tickets for one of their three daily departures? Has anybody done this or do they book up in advance? Is this particular tour worthwhile? Originally I wanted to do the glass bottom boat but read that it not so good - too rough so people get seasick...

Thanks in advance!

My family and I did this on our own last May when we were on the NCL Spirit. Early in the a.m. we hopped a $5pp van. They were not open yet, so we had to wait around awhile. When the booth finally opened, we were told the NCL tours go on first, then if there are any seats left we could have them. It was a very long wait until the tour arrived and there were 3 seats left, thats how many I needed. Some people who were also waiting got left out.

I tell ya, I don't recomend doing all that waiting around, just take the tour with NCL if you want to try this. Transportation is included with NCL.

But I must tell you the truth, we did not enjoy the tour. The boat rocked alot and down inside the seats were on top of each other, hardly any fish to see, not even when they put fish food out, and it was very hot an stuffy in that sub part, they only have a fan blowing hot air and I got seasick and my 15yr old grandaughter got seasick. They passed out quite a few seasick bags. We could not wait to get back on land.

Good luck if you go.

Thanks for the info. I think we may pass on it. I found some other reviews that reported the same problems. I first considered the glass bottom boat tour but heard people get seasick on it quite frequently also so was hoping this submarine option would be better. We may just wander around the market and the beach at Port Lucaya.

Archived