Can a decent Chinese meal...

jax

We've noticed, especially on long trips and especially for the kids, that there are just times we would LOVE "pizza" or "Chinese food".

Of course, we are thinking of our local take-out pizza or our local take-out Chinese. And while we can find pizza-esque and Chinese dishes aboard, they just are not the same. :)

Reminds me... My mother and I had once been in Europe for 6 or 8 weeks and we were finally in London on our last leg. We stopped at a pub where I saw "Chocolate Milk Shake" and HAD to have one (after 6-8 weeks without "food from home"). 20 minutes later the waiter brought a very small glass of light-brown liquid that was warm to the touch. "What's this?" I asked (nearly in tears, probably). "Milk shake," says he and walks away. My mother could not stop laughing. It was chocolate. It was milk. And it was (it seemed) shaken. But it was NOT a chocolate milk shake. :rolleyes:

It's all excellent, but still no egg roll, wonton soup, maybe moo goo gui pan... ;)

We've noticed, especially on long trips and especially for the kids, that there are just times we would LOVE "pizza" or "Chinese food".

Of course, we are thinking of our local take-out pizza or our local take-out Chinese. And while we can find pizza-esque and Chinese dishes aboard, they just are not the same. :)

Reminds me... My mother and I had once been in Europe for 6 or 8 weeks and we were finally in London on our last leg. We stopped at a pub where I saw "Chocolate Milk Shake" and HAD to have one (after 6-8 weeks without "food from home"). 20 minutes later the waiter brought a very small glass of light-brown liquid that was warm to the touch. "What's this?" I asked (nearly in tears, probably). "Milk shake," says he and walks away. My mother could not stop laughing. It was chocolate. It was milk. And it was (it seemed) shaken. But it was NOT a chocolate milk shake. :rolleyes:

The joy of travel!:D:rolleyes:

be had in that Asian theme restaurant in Kings Court at night? I'm talking about egg roll, wonton soup, maybe moo goo gui pan? Probably too much to hope for.
Note: a spring roll ("Crispy Duck Spring Roll, Star Anise Plum Dip") is an egg roll that's gone to heaven.

Archived