Suggestion for Carnival:

WinnipegCruiser

I don't know if some of you know this, but the Carnival Big Wigs do read Cruise Critic. So keep your suggestions coming in because they do appreciate the input.

Now for my input, start a Pacific Northwest Cruise, there are many ports along the west coast that they could stop at AND GIVE US BACK OUR CARNIVAL ELATION AND TAKE A SHIP FROM FLORIDA, THEY HAVE TO MANY NOW!!!

Resume cruises to and in europe.

A past cruiser program that is earned in some way other than # of cruises. Taking into account length of cruise, whether a suite is booked, etc should be a factor imho. Taking 10 3 day cruises is not the same thing as booking all 7 or day or longer cruises. I think X's program accounts for variables like length of cruise or cabin type better.

Resume cruises to and in Europe.

A past cruiser program that is earned in some way other than # of cruises. Taking into account length of cruise, whether a suite is booked, etc should be a factor IMHO. Taking 10 3 day cruises is not the same thing as booking all 7 or day or longer cruises. I think X's program accounts for variables like length of cruise or cabin type better.

I think the reason Carnival does this is that so many people can not afford a suite (I know I can't) or can not afford to take 7 day cruises. By doing it this way based on the number of cruises you take and not by the number of days cruising after 10 cruises everyone gets to become a platinum card holder. In one way by doing it by what kind of cabin you have, that is getting back to the days of first class, second class and steerage. The cruise lines still show some of that favoritism still today by all the perks that someone gets for booking a penthouse or a suite, but it is not as prominent as it was years ago. The only line that is still really stinking to that is the Cunard line.

I think the reason Carnival does this is that so many people can not afford a suite (I know I can't) or can not afford to take 7 day cruises. By doing it this way based on the number of cruises you take and not by the number of days cruising after 10 cruises everyone gets to become a platinum card holder. In one way by doing it by what kind of cabin you have, that is getting back to the days of first class, second class and steerage. The cruise lines still show some of that favoritism still today by all the perks that someone gets for booking a penthouse or a suite, but it is not as prominent as it was years ago. The only line that is still really stinking to that is the Cunard line.

I think they should count shorter cruises, just wishing short and long cruises were weighted differently. Or a cruise in a suite would get an extra point - something along those lines.

I also wish there were some midway point besides 10 cruises for platinum. I have cruise #4 and #5 with carnival coming up, I just wish there were some perk for past cruises besides a possible discount.

Now that Fantasy is scheduled to port out of Charleston, I'd really like to see some Bermuda cruises as well as some Eastern/Southern Caribbean cruises....like to St. Thomas, St. Martin, etc......strickly Bahamas will get old real quick. Maybe keep the Glory as a Charleston option for longer cruises to different areas of the Caribbean.

If a customer is in a cabin that has perks (no matter how they got there), give them the perks, and those perks should stand for all passengers in that cabin. After all, if you've made the cabin big enough to house 3, 4, or 5 passengers then all of them should have equal entitlement to the perks.

(if you're wondering, as an example: there are some "extra" perks for those booked in spa class cabins, but only 2 passengers are entitled to those perks even though they house 3, 4 or 5...in addition, folks who have been "upgraded" to those spa class cabins are not entitled to those perks...nonsense!)

Put the comedy club on all the ships

Have a good Motown Review...this is their 50th Anniversary

Make the Piano bar non smoking

Hot hot tubs please

Pictures are not that important to me, but I can see the advantage of digital stored pictures to look at, choose from on computers or whatever...they do need to streamline the picture process IMHO

NO more color wars...what a dumb idea

I think they should be more flexible. Check the average age of the passengers on each cruise and adjust music style and volume, activities, etc. for that age group.

A note on the Legends show...it would be easier for the staff and better for the passengers if they did it like modules. A longer list of "legends" so that the organizers could pick, choose and combine to the talents of the passenger base.

Archived