Pre-Cruise - Building your tolerance?

masonpips

This is kind of tongue in cheek, but here goes!

We leave 2 weeks from TOMORROW and my co-worker (our families are going together) were joking about building up our alcohol tolerance because a cruise = a drink of the day (or two?) and our bodies aren't used to that.

We have an United Way function tonight so we're attending to work on our ability to drink during the week.

Then I realized since we're dressing up, I'm also building up the "high heels every night" feet tolerance too!

Not to mention the "sucking it in while wearing nice dress" gut check tolerance!

Can you think of any other tolerances you need to build up to prepare?

Well if you plan on drinking and wearing high heels, you better start doing it on an unsteady surface because there WILL be times when you're walking down a corridor and the ship decides to "nudge" you into one of the walls. And that's WITHOUT the alcohol. Actually WITH the alcohol you'll probably end up walking straight and look like the one sober person.

I would suggest two drinks a night this week and three per night next week. :)

(PS those drinks of the day are DEATHLY fattening...have one at sail away and then stick to the less caloric stuff...that way you can have more with less guilt.) :)

You may want to start adjusting your body clock based on whether

you want to get up early to jog and have breakfast in the MDR or whether

you want to sleep late and party the night away.

Just 10 minutes adjustment a day in your daily routine in the direction you desire will help you be alert when you most want to be on your cruise.

This applies to the timing of meals as well.

Have fun.

I went off my diet a week ago to prepare myself for mass amounts of eating and drinking for our cruise on FOS Oct.4.

here is what I recommend.

a week prior to sailing

Stay up late, wake up early, eat when you are not hungry and drink often.

p.s. before you cruise try to have one real good fuss with you better half,oh almost forgot empty our your bank account.:cool:

Now you are ready to cruise.

Stay up late, wake up early, eat when you are not hungry and drink often.

GOD I loved that sentence. Only on a cruise will I have dinner (ending at 10pm) and then eat like I hadn't eaten for days just 90 minutes later at the late-night pool party.

And only on a cruise do I say, "Good LORD, it's 11am...why haven't I had a beer yet?!?!"

Archived