Smuggling liquor through Galveston

jgmpuma

No problem in checked baggage. Fools errand in carry-on luggage. You will probably get rum runner flasks through carry-on security on your person. You might get them through in a carry-on bag but if they inspect the bag it will be confiscated. You have almost no chance of failure in your checked luggage.

We are booked on the Conquest in January. I'm not talking about bringing a ton of stuff, just some Rum Runners with enough to have a drink n the balcony before dinner.

Has anyone had problems?

Although we purchase the majority of our liquor through the Bon Voyage department, they do not carry my single malt scotch. I have smuggled a bottle on every cruise with no problems :D.

I have never, ever, had any issue with liquor packed in my checked luggage on any Carnival Cruise, anywhere in the world, including Conquest out of Galveston, and I don't use Rum Runners.

The real question is smuggling it back into th country. Texas still has some peculiar, to say the least, liquor laws.

Question for those who buy through the BV department - for Galveston sailings - is the liquor waiting for you in the cabin when you embark in Galveston or does it get delivered sometime after the ship is underway?

Five cruises out of Galveston for me and I've had a great bottle of tequila (herradura or cabo wabo) in my bags every time. Last couple of times, I've also put a gallon of margarita mix as well as a 1.75L of Hornitos tequila for the ritas.

Save your money on those rum runners and just buy some extra booze and some big ziplock bags and put them in your suitcase. Just wrap them up well.

Archived