LGA what to do

a-w

things to do near la guardia airport staying there for a night before cruise is there any restaurant near crown plaza lga new york thx

When you asked where to stay on the East Coast Departures Board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1046004 a couple of weeks ago, I answered " Not much to do or see in the LGA area. I would stay in Manhattan."

The next poster, who lives on Long Island, said: "Well, I would say if the Mets were doing better, maybe you could go to the World Series at Citifield, but I hate to say it doesn't look good. There is nothing around LGA. You probably could take a cab to Astoria and go to the Motion Picture Museum and eat the best Greek food in NY if that interests you. But you might be tired, or your flight delayed, and you might just want to chill in your hotel room and watch a movie. You will save plenty of money and then you can spend it on the ship."

You chose to stay at Laguardia regardless, but the answers we gave you haven't changed. ;)

I just read the other thread that duplicates this one. If you are not going to venture anywhere, then maybe you save a few bucks and stay at LGA.

As others have said, there is so much to do in Manhattan. By time you get there after a 4pm arrival noted in the other thread, it will be after 6 before you hit the streets. But, the lights are great and it is safe. And, the next morning, you can get up early and go out and do a little, back to hotel around noon or even 1pm, then to the ship which is only a few blocks away.

things to do near la guardia airport staying there for a night before cruise is there any restaurant near crown plaza lga new york thx

Not really. There are two restaurants in the hotel and room service is available until midnight. I would not recommend walking around that area. Some sections are OK and some are dodgy. The hotel is very nice though. If you would like to take a cab into Astoria (as someone recommended), I can recommend several good restaurants and that area is OK to walk around.

Some restaurants are:

Just Arthur's - Italian and American (steaks, etc)- located on Steinway Street and Ditmar's Boulevard. This is my restaurant of choice in that area.

718- kind of neuvo (sp?) cuisine. It's very small and there is often a wait for a table. I can get you the exact location

Ristorante L'Contro- Mainly Italian - excellent food but a little pricey. You can get a coal fired pizza there though. It's located on 31st Street and Ditmars Blvd.

El Olivo- Spanish Food- Also on 31st Street, between Ditmars ans 21st Ave

If you are interested in trying Greek Food I can find you a good restaurant. There is one I know of but the name escapes me now. My mother lives in the area and she would know.

When you asked where to stay on the East Coast Departures Board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1046004 a couple of weeks ago, I answered " Not much to do or see in the LGA area. I would stay in Manhattan."

The next poster, who lives on Long Island, said: "Well, I would say if the Mets were doing better, maybe you could go to the World Series at Citifield, but I hate to say it doesn't look good. There is nothing around LGA. You probably could take a cab to Astoria and go to the Motion Picture Museum and eat the best Greek food in NY if that interests you. But you might be tired, or your flight delayed, and you might just want to chill in your hotel room and watch a movie. You will save plenty of money and then you can spend it on the ship."

You chose to stay at Laguardia regardless, but the answers we gave you haven't changed. ;)

well i am going to stay in Manhattan the day after the cruse the prices of the hotels where just to much for sat which is the day i need before my cruse and i need 2 rooms it was going to cost me about $700 for just a night and i would probably do nothing because i get there so late any way i am going to stay midtown the day after the cruse i just wanted to eat dinner somewhere near the crown plaza in lga if there is any nice restaurants thx anyway

Archived