Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

That'd be nice.

Spoke again to the 1-800 carnival lady, tape recorded ("this call may be monitored or recorded for QC purposes"), had a nice hour long convo with her (then her supervisor) and the original lady (direct quote) "I guarantee 8473 has a couch"

interesting...

I virtually held her hand and had her go to John Heald's blog... she is going to talk to HER supervisors tomorrow and call me back then. She confirmed all the 9As are booked (not just a courtesy hold) :-( for my cruise...so I'm not sure what do do here. They were very adamant of "Carnival is the source of the deck plans, they're not wrong"...you know the story.

So NOT all the PVP / CVS people are aware of the situation re: Dream 9A cabins.

I wouldn't mind finding ourselves in one of the Cat11s on deck 7... But I'd RATHER get waht the heck I'm paying for with the 9A!

Yeah...same thing here. I have "escalated" my complaint up 3 levels and now I am waiting for resolution :cool:.

We have upgraded to a Cat 11 - but I agree....we would MUCH rather have the 9A that we thought we were getting :(!!

Yeah...same thing here. I have "escalated" my complaint up 3 levels and now I am waiting for resolution :cool:.

We have upgraded to a Cat 11 - but I agree....we would MUCH rather have the 9A that we thought we were getting :(!!

The man at Carnival who helped me out was named Mervyn. He is fully aware of the situation, and he has the power to make changes in your reservation.

How much more did you have to pay? Since we are on the NYE cruise, it's a huge amount to upgrade:(

I had previously upgraded from a cove balcony, after final payment.

After finding out about the problems, I wanted to go back to my original category. I was on a three way call with Mervyn and my travel agent. He first said that after final payment, we could not downgrade. The price difference is $900.

After he called the ship, and found out about that it was not really a wrap-around balcony, he downgraded me. I just checked my credit card balance, and I see that the refund was credited to my account.

I really wish that we were not all having to deal with this!

I do think that DH and I made a great decision - based on the information that we have at this point. We usually only take one cruise per year and I would hate to have paid what we did for the 9A and then be miserable :(.

Don't get me wrong......I am definately "ticked off" :mad:. I understand that the reality of the built ship does not match the speculated deck plans - and how that can happen. But....come on Carnival, where is the courtesy of contacting those of us who had those cabins booked to inform us - and give us a choice.

We should not have to find out that we would not be getting what we thought we booked from a forum site :mad: :eek:. That is the one thing that my CVS is upset about - that I was able to get the information BEFORE she was and she had been asking for over a week by the time the photos were posted :eek:.

Oh....its all good now. But some folks who do not keep up with CC are in for a BIG surprise!!

Has anyone received any reports on these cabins yet..I dont want to get shot by my wife for picking a lousy balcony

Not yet, but someone requested zydecocruiser to snap a few shots on the 27th so check back then. Here is a link to the request page. He also has great shots of the ship on his site!

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/pictureRequests.htm

Not yet, but someone requested zydecocruiser to snap a few shots on the 27th so check back then. Here is a link to the request page. He also has great shots of the ship on his site!

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/pictureRequests.htm

He and I sent a couple of emails back and forth a few weeks ago. I made a request for photos of all 3 decks (9A Corners). Keeping fingers crossed!

Tom

I was just on the Carnival website and noticed that both deck 8 - 9a cabins are gone. I don't think they are booked as I am sooo far from sailing and a couple of days ago they were both there. Both deck 7's are there, and the other deck 6. Wonder if Carnival is going to change the category?

(Just thought it was an interesting tidbit to share) :o

I was just on the Carnival website and noticed that both deck 8 - 9a cabins are gone. I don't think they are booked as I am sooo far from sailing and a couple of days ago they were both there. Both deck 7's are there, and the other deck 6. Wonder if Carnival is going to change the category?

(Just thought it was an interesting tidbit to share) :o

Hmmmmmm....that is interesting. Thanks :)!!

Checked many sailings for 2011 and 9A for decks 8 & 9 are all missing.

They were there a day or so ago.

Zydeco's pics are up! I'll copy and paste over here..... some nice shots of the rear of the ship for us :-) no internals yet though

P1010159.JPG

^^ You can clearly see the cabin divider up on Deck 8 (white thingy angling downwards) aft of the long 8C cabin.

P1010158.JPG

P1010156.JPG

Edited by Amerikaner83

From zooming in on those pictures it really does look like there is dead space on the corner of deck 8, very strange set up.

Going off topic for a second, it seems that to get over this everyone is now booking a cruise on the Miracle.

Has anyone received any reports on these cabins yet..I dont want to get shot by my wife for picking a lousy balcony

Here is a good exterior shot of 9475. Looks like the best balcony on the ship. We have 9472, cant wait!

P1010133.JPG

Here is a good exterior shot of 9475. Looks like the best balcony on the ship. We have 9472, cant wait!

P1010133.JPG

wowww....you don't happen to have another view of this to post do you? We are on deck 7, 2 decks below you and this picture JUST misses capturing our balcony! :confused::rolleyes:

Going off topic for a second, it seems that to get over this everyone is now booking a cruise on the Miracle.

Guilty!! :o :eek: :D

ME TOO! -- and what are the odds that we all would have somehow chosen the SAME SAILING!! See you guys there!

wowww....you don't happen to have another view of this to post do you? We are on deck 7, 2 decks below you and this picture JUST misses capturing our balcony! :confused::rolleyes:

From my take on that picture - the deck 7 corner (9A) is fully shown.

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Tom, if deck 7 is the bottom deck in the picture, then it **kinda** looks like we have a "partial" aft wrap also. :confused: Just seems as if our Spirit class aft wraps were a WHOLE LOT BIGGER than that. :confused::confused:

Karen you have to realize on the Spirit class the aft wraps are or were CAT 11 now VS.. on the Dream they are 9A's

P1010133.JPG

Looks like they could move that partition over on the side just after that solid door to make it a true wrap

I like deck 9 balcony size.. I dont like the idea of no sun.. doesnt look like you would get any at all with that overhang... I dont always like sun.. but some is nice

Edited by KruznKel

Tom, if deck 7 is the bottom deck in the picture, then it **kinda** looks like we have a "partial" aft wrap also. :confused: J...

Yes - it's a bit bigger than the balcony on deck 8, and does more encompass what might be considered the "corner".

... Just seems as if our Spirit class aft wraps were a WHOLE LOT BIGGER than that. :confused::confused:

All of the 9A's pale in comparison to Spirit and Conquest aft-wraps. It's sad that they decided to PUT THE SQUEEZE on them the way they did!

The corner on deck 9 - appears like the biggest of all. I look forward to a first hand report on that one!

Tom

Looks like they could move that partition over on the side just after that solid door to make it a true wrap

I like deck 9 balcony size.. I dont like the idea of no sun.. doesnt look like you would get any at all with that overhang... I dont always like sun.. but some is nice

And by moving the partition to that point, the side Cat 8 would still be an "extended" balcony. Those that have booked that one are getting a GREAT deal - at least at this point!

Tom