Kid's crew backpack for non-soda drinker

ruffs

Our 11 year old daughter does not drink soda, pretty much milk, water, and iced tea.

Do you think the backpack would be worth getting for her?

Our 9 year old son does like root beer, so we want to get him the backpack, but are considering just getting him the soda card as it seems the backpack would be a waste for our daughter as she doesn't drink soda.

What do you think? Thanks!

The stitching on my DS's came apart at the airport on the way home. Looked good, bad stitching. It also came with a NCL Kids crew luggage tag, t-shirt and plastic cup with straw for the soda refills. Not really worth it without the soda.

Our 11 year old daughter does not drink soda, pretty much milk, water, and iced tea.

Do you think the backpack would be worth getting for her?

Our 9 year old son does like root beer, so we want to get him the backpack, but are considering just getting him the soda card as it seems the backpack would be a waste for our daughter as she doesn't drink soda.

What do you think? Thanks!

I don't even know if they have root beer! I made my own goodie bags for the kids a couple cruises ago. I got them some playing cards, festive plastic cup with crazy straws, assorted snacks, little battery operatated fans, stuff like that. You can pick up some good stuff at the dollar store or maybe you can even fond some good stuff cheap in a clearance rack at you local store at this time if year. You can get some inexspenive canvas bags, and decorate them or maybe the have some funky colors or deigns already. Sneak them on their beds while they are out of the cabin and wen they come back they will get their surprise!

He likes Sprite or Sierra Mist too, whichever is a Pepsi product will be OK. The problem is that if I buy it for one I have to buy it for the other. I'm thinking putting together our own little goodie bag is the way to go as suggested above.

Thanks for the suggestions!

NCL used to have root beer but with the change from Coke to Pepsi products no longer have it.

Wow - I just looked it up again on their website, I didn't notice before that it didn't include root beer -

"Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda."

He should be happy enough with Sierra Mist though, and can try Ginger Ale.

Maybe we'll get lucky too and this will change, wouldn't count on it though.

Wow - I just looked it up again on their website, I didn't notice before that it didn't include root beer -

"Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda."

He should be happy enough with Sierra Mist though, and can try Ginger Ale.

Maybe we'll get lucky too and this will change, wouldn't count on it though.

You can bring a 6 pack of rootbeer on the ship with you for your son and have them clean out the fridge of all the NCL stuff and keep it in there. Not sure if you are driving to port or if will have time to grab some on your way from an airport if you are flying. Just a thought.

Archived