BC Cabins - any different than AC?

Atlanta_Cruiser

Hi. I would enjoy hearing feedback.

I am cruising Grand Princess transatlantic in April. I booked the Cabin B419 (starboard-mid ship) which is in the BC category. I chose starboard side to have some sun on the balcony. I do have some questions:

1. Will the covered deck get any sun?

2. I am not familiar with the BC cabins, should I ask for an AC/AB cabin instead? Is there any advantage?

3. Would it be worth an extra $1k to upgrade to a mini-suite?

Thank you,

Cory in Atlanta:)

The AC/AB are mini-suites on Dophin deck, these balconies are totally open, no overhang. The cabin inside is bigger than the BC cabin. The mini-suites have two tv's, a sofa and a bathtub.

Are they worth extra $$$, I guess it depends if you have more than two people staying in the cabin and if those extras are important to you.

3. Would it be worth an extra $1k to upgrade to a mini-suite?

TransAtlantic cruises rarely sell out prior to final payment and are generally reduced considerably in price after final payment. If I were you, I would cancel the cruise and then re-book after final payment when the price of a mini-suite has fallen to what you're paying for a regular balcony.

The AC/AB are mini-suites on Dophin deck, these balconies are totally open, no overhang. The cabin inside is bigger than the BC cabin. The mini-suites have two tv's, a sofa and a bathtub.

Are they worth extra $$$, I guess it depends if you have more than two people staying in the cabin and if those extras are important to you.

Thank you for your feedback. I think I had the categories incorrect. I meant to say BB and BA. It looks like both of those are bigger in square footage. I found a website that breaks it down.

http://www.galaxsea.com/ships/grandprincess.html

I like that I am mid-ship. This past April we had some rough seas for 2-3 days so it was nice to be miship, though we did both fall out of bed one night! haha.

Thanks again for taking time to give me feedback. :)

The inside is exactly the same, but the balcony itself is larger, about twice the size and partially covered if you're looking at the BB/BA's on Caribe deck. Princess gives the total square footage that includes the balcony, so it can be a bit confusing.

That would be perfect...I guess I will need to see if I can upgrade to partially covered.

Thank you thank you.

Archived