Bringing on liquor on Summit

aislynmae

Just booked our first cruise on Summit. Wanted to see if they allow you to bring on liquor? I know some ships do, some don't.

We like to have a cocktail in our room. Plan to drink in the bars as well.

We put it in our suitcase before, but I read some ships don't mind if you bring it on.

THanks,

If you are talking about hard liquor, the rules are that they will confiscate it at embarkation. If you are talking about wine, they permit 2 bottles to be brought on and, if consumed in a public area, a $25 corkage fee applies. (see link below)

That being said, many people try and are able to sneak the hard stuff on, but be prepared to lose it if they catch you. In my cruises we have only seen them take away someone's booze once. IMO, go ahead and try it, but don't take anything expensive.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=00004nODaJ8FhoUr2lPsokeNcbr:12hdebebp?faqSubjectName=Food+and+Beverage&faqId=505&pagename=faq_answers

IF you are "caught" with extra wine (2 bottles per stateroom allowed) or hard liquor it isn't lost for good. They will return it the night before you disembark.

You can order bottles of hard liquor before cruising, but the cost is quite high and comes with salty snacks and soda mixers. See that on their website. You can also preorder more bottles of wine to be delivered to your room or a restaurant.

IF you are "caught" with extra wine (2 bottles per stateroom allowed) or hard liquor it isn't lost for good. They will return it the night before you disembark.

You can order bottles of hard liquor before cruising, but the cost is quite high and comes with salty snacks and soda mixers. See that on their website. You can also preorder more bottles of wine to be delivered to your room or a restaurant.

You can get the same liquor packages on board but you end paying an extra 15% gratuity.

• 4 months later...

You can bring water bottles, but unopened.

You could sneak it in, but like someone said before, don't bring one expensive.

Also... I don't like wine that much, but found that we got a pretty nice buzz from drinking the cheaper sparkling wines sold at the ship. All in all a good value and it solves the problem of having liquor/mixers/lemons/etc.

Try rum runners. They are plastic flasks like a bladder that goes in a wine box. They are supposedly undetectable in the exray. You fill them with your alcohol and then put them in a large storage bag just to be safe and pack them in your luggage. They are very rarely caught.

Here's the link:

Use the discount code repeat and you can get a discount.

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

That being said, we have also shopped at the duty free liquor store at the pier and put the purchases in our carry on and walked right on board with no problem. Same thing while in port. We have bought rum that we really liked and just put it in our carry on. If they find it, they will just hold it for you, but never have I been stopped and had it taken away.

You can bring all the water you want. Some lines will check the water bottles. Some cruisers try to get real creative

Just returmed from Summit Feb 13. Left from San Juan and walked on board with two bottles of wine, two bottles of sprite, bottle of Cranberry juice to mix with the 1 liter of Vodka (in a plastic bottle) all packed in carryon bag. Was xrayed as we boarded. No questions asked, enjoyed the drinks in our statesroom /balcony. I think that the San Juan departure may be a bit more relaxed. Also boarded at a few ports with "liquids" and was not a problem. Happy cruising.

Just booked our first cruise on Summit. Wanted to see if they allow you to bring on liquor? I know some ships do, some don't.

We like to have a cocktail in our room. Plan to drink in the bars as well.

We put it in our suitcase before, but I read some ships don't mind if you bring it on.

THanks,

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/faq/Cel_Alcohol_Policy_07-30-07.pdf

If Celebrity did not charge such criminally high prices for on-board drinks, then I doubt that they would have the problem with guests wishing to bring booze on board.

The whole thing is absurd now. We bought two bottles of wine on a vineyard visit in Montevideo, and got back to the Infinity with them at 4pm. The cruise finished at Buenos Aires the next morning at 8am.

Some over-officious security man on the X-ray machine actually wanted to confiscate them, and for us to reclaim them before leaving the ship the next morning.

If anyone from Celebrity reads these forum, this was the last straw for me. No more Celebrity. They will be using rubber gloves next to make sure we have no booze hidden within our body.

Archived