Taxi fare Beijing Airport to City? to Xingang Port?

cruisecruzer

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from the beijing airport to the city?

Also from the city to Xingang Pier?

About $35-50 from the airport to a hotel in the city.

About $125-175 from the city to the port

You also have to pay any additional tolls.

Here is a website so you can get an idea. http://www.bjeasterntaxi.com/?gclid=CMOf-5bQj50CFRZeagodxjra_A

They are reputable but one of the more expensive in Beijing. You MAY do better getting a "tour/transfer" to the port.

Also, quite a few hotel packages booked through AsiaRooms.com INCLUDE the airport transfer.

Hi,

Just checked Lonely Planet guide and it said about 85 yuan by taxi from airport to city centre including tolls. This guide is a about a year old. Hope this helps. I'm also trying to work out a transfer to airport and hotel and then to cruise port. :o

Hi,

Just checked Lonely Planet guide and it said about 85 yuan by taxi from airport to city centre including tolls. This guide is a about a year old. Hope this helps. I'm also trying to work out a transfer to airport and hotel and then to cruise port. :o

85 yuan would be approximately the price for one of the "red cars" PLUS tolls. You REALLY don't want to take these cars. First, they are VERY small and most likely anything larger than a large backpack will not fit. Second, they are VERY crappy cars (chinese made Xilli)(sp). Third, you DEFINITELY WILL NOT find a driver that speaks English, so you will have to be WELL prepared to communicate with the driver to get to the proper hotel.

The two tone taxis or the "large taxis" (generally similar to US made Fords and Chevy's) are higher priced by about 2. BUT the drivers are better, the cars are better AND your luggage will fit.

Ask your hotel to arrange a car or hire your own car service. Yes, there are cheaper ways. BUT since most of us do not speak Chinese, you may end up with a VERY high taxi fare because of mis-communication.

85 yuan would be approximately the price for one of the "red cars" PLUS tolls. You REALLY don't want to take these cars. First, they are VERY small and most likely anything larger than a large backpack will not fit. Second, they are VERY crappy cars (chinese made Xilli)(sp). Third, you DEFINITELY WILL NOT find a driver that speaks English, so you will have to be WELL prepared to communicate with the driver to get to the proper hotel.

The two tone taxis or the "large taxis" (generally similar to US made Fords and Chevy's) are higher priced by about 2. BUT the drivers are better, the cars are better AND your luggage will fit.

Ask your hotel to arrange a car or hire your own car service. Yes, there are cheaper ways. BUT since most of us do not speak Chinese, you may end up with a VERY high taxi fare because of mis-communication.

I contacted bjeasterntaxi and got a quote. It would be 600 RMB to take us from the airport to the Wangfujing area which is about $87 US and they will use a Mercedes Van that seats 12 people and we have 8 in our party. They will charge per vehicle not per person and I know the taxis over there are small and we would probably have had to use 2 taxis to fit 4 in each with all of our luggage too (which I don't even know will fit).

And they will charge us 1800 RMB to take all 8 of us from the hotel to the port which I think is prettyt decent price.

I contacted bjeasterntaxi and got a quote. It would be 600 RMB to take us from the airport to the Wangfujing area which is about $87 US and they will use a Mercedes Van that seats 12 people and we have 8 in our party. They will charge per vehicle not per person and I know the taxis over there are small and we would probably have had to use 2 taxis to fit 4 in each with all of our luggage too (which I don't even know will fit).

And they will charge us 1800 RMB to take all 8 of us from the hotel to the port which I think is prettyt decent price.

Those prices are very decent. You will be hardpressed to fit 4 people PLUS luggage in a Beijing taxi. You are making the right move. Congrats!!!!

Archived