Is a garment bag considered a carry-on with Delta?

crazycruzer68

also, those hinges were put in place by a contract maintenance firm whose contract has now been terminated by Southwest. They were not placed there by Southwest Airlines mechanics. This was an unfortunate event, however, even the FAA even admits that these hinges would not have created any type of problem and were safe, they simply had not been approved by the FAA, therefore must be removed. Very bad call on the contracted maintenance, and they lost a HUUUUGE client.

And never a crash. All they fly are 737's and they know them inside out.

Include it in the 40% higher fares they charge. :eek:

LOL you caught me before my edit..:p but you are right plus the exchange rate.. which is OK right now.. how I wish we could get airfare as cheap as those in the states.. when I see someone stating that it is costing them $400 for 2 to get to Florida I say WTH.. we are lucky to get that price for 1:eek:

OH, puh-leez. Check out their safety record. It speaks for itself. Get your facts straight before you freak everbody out:rolleyes:

What facts are not correct?

SWA was recently fined millions of dollars for not performing FAA mandated safety maintenance on 25% of their fleet. All of these aircraft that missed the mandated maintence remained in service.

Then, 2 months later, they were cited again for using non certified parts.

Is it safety record? or just dumb luck? They're low cost for a reason.

Many of the reasons are great business model such as lower cost airport gates costs such as Hobby vs. DFW. An entire fleet of one model aircraft (737) keeps maintence and training costs down. Got very lucky on their fuel speculation purchases. But, they have also been caught with their pants down on taking chances with maintenance.

Now, they're also starting to nickel and dime their customers. Business fares, $10 check in to ensure could boarding numbers, etc,etc.

If you're a die hard SWA fan/cheerleader,,,, fine. More power to you. I'm happy for you... I'm just saying that they're not perfect. They have issues also.

LOL you caught me before my edit..:p but you are right plus the exchange rate.. which is OK right now.. how I wish we could get airfare as cheap as those in the states.. when I see someone stating that it is costing them $400 for 2 to get to Florida I say WTH.. we are lucky to get that price for 1:eek:

5 of us flew detroit-miami return in aug. for $630 all taxes in. :eek:

5 of us flew detroit-miami return in aug. for $630 all taxes in. :eek:

Very nice.. I must say.. we got $680 for 2 of us from YOW in April of this year to FLL... I would goto the states to fly but adding 6hrs return driving.. plus gas.. hotel and parking for the week.. usually doesn't work out to much savings for us

Very nice.. I must say.. we got $680 for 2 of us from YOW in April of this year to FLL... I would goto the states to fly but adding 6hrs return driving.. plus gas.. hotel and parking for the week.. usually doesn't work out to much savings for us

I hear you. We're less than 3 hrs away and got a suite that included parking for the week for $89 so it was a no brainer...

I hear you. We're less than 3 hrs away and got a suite that included parking for the week for $89 so it was a no brainer...

NO doubt and paying for 5 that was a fantastic deal.. if only AC and WJ would fly to more US cities.. I am paying $680 for one of us to NOLA this December..which is triple the cost of his cruise fare:eek: I am glad that my mother is paying for my air on points;)

Sorry for the hijack OP:)

Archived