St. Petersborg - immigraton process tip

cruiser800

We just back from the Baltic cruise. One thing I want to share is our experience when we go through the Russia immigration. Me and my husband both have all the required documents on hand ( immigration form, tour company ticket, passport, passort copy). I go first and have no problem, but when my husband go through, the officer just ask him to go back (without any explaination).

Good that our tour leader told us beforehand that every cruise there are a few people they don't let them in for no reason. If it happened, don't panic, just go to any other line (they have over 20 lines) and try again, if the other officer don't let you in again, go to another line, eventually one of them will let you in. So my husband just go to another line and that officer let him go through without question.

We just back from the Baltic cruise. One thing I want to share is our experience when we go through the Russia immigration. Me and my husband both have all the required documents on hand ( immigration form, tour company ticket, passport, passort copy). I go first and have no problem, but when my husband go through, the officer just ask him to go back (without any explaination). Good that our tour leader told us beforehand that every cruise there are a few people they don't let them in for no reason. If it happened, don't panic, just go to any other line (they have over 20 lines) and try again, if the other officer don't let you in again, go to another line, eventually one of them will let you in. So my husband just go to another line and that officer let him go through without question.

Last summer in our three passes out through the Russian immigration station coming off of the ship, everything was smooth and easy. But, your tip is excellent! Some folks have "bad days" and decide to make life difficult for others. Especially given some of the "history" in Russian, those problems can happen. Adjust and be ready to adapt. Smart move!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Archived