Premium brand alcohol

Dutchie20

Does the Shadow offer premium brand liquor such as Crown Royal, Grey Goose, etc? My husband enjoys Crown and wonders if he needs to pick up a bottle in LAX. Not a huge issue, but would like for him to have some if he so chooses. I personally love wine, so I know I am covered!

Guest largo162

Sounds like a pretty extensive selection. Does anyone know whether single malt scotches are available? I've only seen reference to blended ones, such as Johnny Walker and Chivas Regal. Nothing wrong with these, mind you; I just have a preference for single malts.

Thanks

Okay, since someone raised the topic of premium brands I'll ask something I've been wondering about--how are they paid for when ordered at a bar? I haven't been on an all-inclusive ship yet, so I wondered whether one pays drink by drink with a check one signs for each time or whether there is a running tab and it's just added to the shipboard account. (And if a check, I would add a tip, but is that not done?)

COMPLIMENTARY BEVERAGES SERVED

THROUGHOUT THE SHIP

An extensive selection of fine wines, champagne, spirits, bottled water and soft drinks are yours to enjoy — all courtesy of Silversea.

IN-SUITE BEVERAGE CABINET STOCKED

WITH OUR COMPLIMENTS

Besides the chilled bottle of champagne that awaits you, every suite features a beverage cabinet stocked with your preferred assortment of complimentary beverages.

GRATUITIES INCLUDED

All onboard gratuities are included — none are ever expected.

This should answer you question.

Cheers,

Judy

Okay, since someone raised the topic of premium brands I'll ask something I've been wondering about--how are they paid for when ordered at a bar? I haven't been on an all-inclusive ship yet, so I wondered whether one pays drink by drink with a check one signs for each time or whether there is a running tab and it's just added to the shipboard account. (And if a check, I would add a tip, but is that not done?)

Its simple--you order it--they serve it--you drink it--say thanks--it's not necessary but if you want to tip--slip something at the and of the cruise or make a contribution to the crew welfare fund! If its your first cruise all inclusive--you will love it--back to tipping--you will find the crew doesn't hustle for tips--all they want to do is make your cruise the best possible! Don

largo162 -- there's a small range of single malts including Glenlivet and Glenmorangie, but not a whole lot else.

flag fan -- a range of super brands such as some of the most exotic brandies is available. So is a "connoisseur" wine list. If you order one of these, you get a chit to sign. No tipping. But I've seen people bring their own "special" wine more often than I've seen people buy from the connoisseur list.

Archived