How to check on price drop when cruise booked through UK TA?

Captain Beefheart

I have recently booked a Med cruise on Grand for Aug 2010 through UK TA. How do I check what the price drop is to enable me to check if I am entitled to a refund , bearing in mind that you never know exactly what Princess are charging for the cruise because of the discounts that they give to the TA's.

I don't know about Princess but, most of the other cruise lines will not give a price drop for us UK passengers booked here in the UK. :eek: That is one of the reasons we nearly always book thro' the cruise line in the US, plus, it's so much cheaper. ;)

Hi There,

You do not want to know that the price you paid is 10 15 or 25% more than you could get at todays prices, you will just get very upset.

If you do see a big price drop all you can do is cancel your booking ,

lose deposit, may be some other fines and re book.

And yes some times it can be cheaper to right of a £1000 and rebook if you have a big family

yours shogun

Hi thanks for your replies , the reason that i had asked the question was because of previous threads that i had read on this forum, but wasnt sure if it applied to bookings in UK from a TA or if it had to be from Princess direct UK ? From the forums they suggest that Princess do operate a system were if the price does drop before the final payment is made Princess refund the difference.

Ann you say u book from the US is that from Princess reservations US, do u still get FCC & OBC plus other uk entitlements like free car parking or coach transfers to make it competative with booking in the US ?

Ditto those previous posts. You will not be afforded a price reduction by a UK T/A even if there are price drops in other markets, i.e. the US. When you book with UK T/A you are contracted into the price you booked at.

As Shogun said, you will at very least lose your deposit if you cancel and re-book, maybe more. Plus, if you have already selected a particular cabin you likely will not be able to hold that same cabin for your new booking.

Hi thanks for your replies , the reason that i had asked the question was because of previous threads that i had read on this forum, but wasnt sure if it applied to bookings in UK from a TA or if it had to be from Princess direct UK ? From the forums they suggest that Princess do operate a system were if the price does drop before the final payment is made Princess refund the difference.

Ann you say u book from the US is that from Princess reservations US, do u still get FCC & OBC plus other uk entitlements like free car parking or coach transfers to make it competative with booking in the US ?

DH and myself have only done 1 cruise from a 'home port', that was our last one on NCL. We booked this thro' NCL (US), it saved us approx £700. We have a Princess cruise booked (thro' the US, not directly with Princess) for April 2010, Transatlantic, Fort Lauderdale to Southampton. At the moment, thro' an on line agency here, the price we have paid is nearly £500 cheaper, plus we have a $60 OBC. So, all in all, booking in the US, usually works out a lot cheaper. Take into account, travel/parking costs, it's a much better deal. ;)

Archived