Hair Dryers on NCL Jewel

UandMe4Ever

Hi, we're going on our first NCL cruise 10-30 and was wondering about the hair dryer in the room. Is it the kind you have to hold the button down for it to work (like RCCL) or is there an "on" switch that stays on while blowing your hair and "off" switch when you are done??

Since we are flying back from Miami to NJ, the less to pack the better.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry I forgot to ask, where exactly on the Jewel is the dryer located? In the bathroom or outside? If outside, will it reach into the bathroom to be used in front of the mirror?

Thanks in advance again.

The hair dryer is plugged in at the desk -- outside the bathroom - but in front of the mirror that is on the desk. I found the dryer quite adequate and easy to use.

The hair dryer is plugged in at the desk -- outside the bathroom - but in front of the mirror that is on the desk. I found the dryer quite adequate and easy to use.

Thanks again. I did forget to ask is there an outlet at the 'desk' area to plug in a flat iron or anything else, like battery charger for camera, phone, etc.? Thanks in advance. Also is there a magnifying mirror at that station or should I bring my own super magnifier for my eye makeup?

Thanks again. I did forget to ask is there an outlet at the 'desk' area to plug in a flat iron or anything else, like battery charger for camera, phone, etc.? Thanks in advance. Also is there a magnifying mirror at that station or should I bring my own super magnifier for my eye makeup?

There are outlets at the mirror on the Jewel. I used the outlets for my curling iron and to recharge my cell phone before we departed the ship.The hairdryer was fine for me and was great that it was not in the bathroom as I was able to finish up while hubby was taking his shower.

Now I cant say that about the Spirit. The hairdryer was in the bathroom....and was horrible. The handle would get very hot....and the nozzle blew out cool air that only tangled my hair rather than dry it.

There is ONE outlet at the desk area. If you have lots of stuff to plug in, you might want to bring a power strip.

Irons are "forbidden" to bring on board, by the way. If they find it in your luggage, they'll take it away and return it at the end of your cruise (they're a serious fire hazard on ships!) If you need to iron something, you can borrow one through your room steward. They'll come by an hour or two later and ask for it, if you haven't returned it by then.

There is ONE outlet at the desk area. If you have lots of stuff to plug in, you might want to bring a power strip.

Irons are "forbidden" to bring on board, by the way. If they find it in your luggage, they'll take it away and return it at the end of your cruise (they're a serious fire hazard on ships!) If you need to iron something, you can borrow one through your room steward. They'll come by an hour or two later and ask for it, if you haven't returned it by then.

Thanks a lot. I never bring a travel iron or candles (other than the 'pretend' candles for a little light and ambiance. I usually only plug in one item at a time, so that won't be a problem...

Happy sails :-)

Archived