Finally heard back from RCCL.......

RCCL has offered us a $100.00 credit each on our next cruise for the inugural sailing of SOS. I was told that the upper management did not want to do any compansation. Customer service said they are going by guidlines and that there are a lot of people that aren't getting anything. I thought that for sailing in Aug and than again in Dec and upgrading to a JS in Dec and paid $1300.00 for the cruise, that they could have done better than that. We only had 1/2 a ship. We have also had other couples come with us. Due to the faxt that we hada blast in Aug. So we all booked JS. I asked the person at customer service if there was someone over them I could speak to she told me that there wasn't. Then she gave me a number for the excutive office. I called and was told the phones weren't working up there. But he could get a message up there. I asked if they would definately get the mess and he said I don't know. I was very disappointed.

There phones weren't working in the executive offices? What sort of company are they running when the ships toilets don't flush, the air doesn't work, the ship smells of sewage, there's no hot water and now the executive phones don't work?

I'm sorry but I'd have told the person on the other end that those phones would work if they were just brave enough to plug them in.

Good luck! Please keep the board informed of your outcome. I have sailed RCCL and Celebrity often and have been concerned about some of the goings on.

We are due to sail Sovereign at the end of May. We have sailed her before and enjoyed it. By reading some posts it looks like many problems have been solved. I have another 5 months to see for myself.

If you are a Crown & Anchor member, you might want to ask for them to go ahead and move you up to the next level of membership, this way you save on all future cruises! Just a thought.

Rob

Archived