Hampton Inn vs. Sleep Inn

1cruiselvr

I curently have a reservation with both for one night pre cruise. Both offer the same amenities - free airport/cruise port shuttle, free continental breakfast, free internet access and pricing is comparable. I need to choose one and I can't make up my mind. Is there a reason to prefer one vs. the other? I haven't stayed at either hotel so I don't know. I'm talking about the HI Airport North Cruise Port and the Sleep Inn & Suites on 5th in Dania, FL. Happy Sailing!

Sleep Inn is in a better/safer location, but there are far better places than either of those. Personally I'd want to be on SE17th Street, and a shuttle is more hassle than I'd want to deal with. Taxis are cheap and plentiful and the distances are very short if you're on SE17th St.

Sleep Inn is in a better/safer location, but there are far better places than either of those. Personally I'd want to be on SE17th Street, and a shuttle is more hassle than I'd want to deal with. Taxis are cheap and plentiful and the distances are very short if you're on SE17th St.

Thank you for your post. I tried to get a hotel in the downtown area but pricing is double what I can get the Sleep Inn for. Even Priceline hasn't been successful for me so far. Is there a particular hotel on 17th that you recommend? Happy Sailing!

Thank you for your post. I tried to get a hotel in the downtown area but pricing is double what I can get the Sleep Inn for. Even Priceline hasn't been successful for me so far. Is there a particular hotel on 17th that you recommend? Happy Sailing!

Embassy Suites or Renaissance are the "best"... Extended Stay America, Holiday Inn Express Convention Center, and Hyatt Place are the less expensive. They're all fine, just depends on what you're used to and want to pay.

I curently have a reservation with both for one night pre cruise. Both offer the same amenities - free airport/cruise port shuttle, free continental breakfast, free internet access and pricing is comparable. I need to choose one and I can't make up my mind. Is there a reason to prefer one vs. the other? I haven't stayed at either hotel so I don't know. I'm talking about the HI Airport North Cruise Port and the Sleep Inn & Suites on 5th in Dania, FL. Happy Sailing!

After much research we chose the Hampton Inn on 12th Avenue. Most of the reviews were positive and we will only be there for one night. Shops are close by for last minute items. So long as the beds are comfortable and they feed us enough so we don't fade away from hunger before we get on the boat and get us there before she sails, what more could you want????

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn numerous times precruise and were satisfied each time. Also, never had any isssues with shuttle.

The Sleep Inn is in a better location (there is a little more around), and has been getting really good recommendations on these boards. The Hampton Inn is on a busy industrial road filled with warehouses, 2 star airport hotels/motels and fast food.

Archived